Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst ref and worst VAR this weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm not saying he's particularly anti-us, just that he's a ****ing dreadful ref.
    Oh I agree - worrying thing is he is the most highly rated alongside Frimley's brother

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh I agree - worrying thing is he is the most highly rated alongside Frimley's brother
    I'm not sure I am able to distinguish between the bad and the even worse refs any more. They are all bloody awful and I am not even sure I understand the rules- if I ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'm not sure I am able to distinguish between the bad and the even worse refs any more. They are all bloody awful and I am not even sure I understand the rules- if I ever did.
    I will be in Tokyo when the game kicks off, Ginza, specifically

It kicks off at 1:30am Tokyo time

Don't give a toss who the referee is City1-3 Arsenal

and just so we're clear, Anthony Taylor, was awful. How no City players were booked in that 1st half was a joke.

and just so we're clear, Anthony Taylor, was awful. How no City players were booked in that 1st half was a joke.
    Arsenal should have had a couple booked, tbf.

The irony of Akanji accusing Arsenal of tactical fouling whilst playing for one of the snidiest, ****housing sides on the planet...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Arsenal should have had a couple booked, tbf.

The irony of Akanji accusing Arsenal of tactical fouling whilst playing for one of the snidiest, ****housing sides on the planet...
    3 or 4 of their fouls were worth a yellow plus the rotational fouling was pretty obvious. I think Jesus was lucky not to have been booked in the 1st half for about 4x fouls but can't think of any 'bad' fouls we made.

3 or 4 of their fouls were worth a yellow plus the rotational fouling was pretty obvious. I think Jesus was lucky not to have been booked in the 1st half for about 4x fouls but can't think of any 'bad' fouls we made.
    At least he was consistent. He didn't book anyone. Jesus thoroughly deserved his yellow when he finally got it 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    At least he was consistent. He didn't book anyone. Jesus thoroughly deserved his yellow when he finally got it 😁
    I am no fan of Mr Taylor but I thought he refereed it well and resisted the temptation to start flashing cards for fouls. The only two bookings in the match were both for us, both deserved and both for sheer stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    I am no fan of Mr Taylor but I thought he refereed it well and resisted the temptation to start flashing cards for fouls. The only two bookings in the match were both for us, both deserved and both for sheer stupidity.
    There were 3 or 4 fouls in the 1st half from City that deserved a yellow. I think a few yellows would have provided a better game and stopped their rotational fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Broadly agree but Silva’s snidey kick at Saka as we broke was about as nailed on a yellow as you can get - not given.

Another example of Portuguese players being the snidiest, cynical pricks in world football imo.