Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Worst ref and worst VAR this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    At least he was consistent. He didn't book anyone. Jesus thoroughly deserved his yellow when he finally got it 😁
    I am no fan of Mr Taylor but I thought he refereed it well and resisted the temptation to start flashing cards for fouls. The only two bookings in the match were both for us, both deserved and both for sheer stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    I am no fan of Mr Taylor but I thought he refereed it well and resisted the temptation to start flashing cards for fouls. The only two bookings in the match were both for us, both deserved and both for sheer stupidity.
    There were 3 or 4 fouls in the 1st half from City that deserved a yellow. I think a few yellows would have provided a better game and stopped their rotational fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Broadly agree but Silva’s snidey kick at Saka as we broke was about as nailed on a yellow as you can get - not given.

Another example of Portuguese players being the snidiest, cynical pricks in world football imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Broadly agree but Silva’s snidey kick at Saka as we broke was about as nailed on a yellow as you can get - not given.

Another example of Portuguese players being the snidiest, cynical pricks in world football imo.
    I really, really dislike Silva. Horrible cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I really, really dislike Silva. Horrible cnut.
    Yep - could easily have been sent off at the Emirates as well. Lovely player on the ball of course. The irony of them complaining about us fouling is quite sweet. (Though tbf, we should have had a few bookings in that first half)

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Surprised I don't remember that. I am normally the first to start waving imaginary cards

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - could easily have been sent off at the Emirates as well. Lovely player on the ball of course. The irony of them complaining about us fouling is quite sweet. (Though tbf, we should have had a few bookings in that first half)
    They are the masters of doing it and avoiding yellow cards. It is another area where they can see we are catching up. No wonder it irritates them.

I thought Taylor refereed the game fairly well. His unfussy approach did benefit us a little in the first half but he showed the same approach to both sides. That is all I expect from a ref.

They are the masters of doing it and avoiding yellow cards. It is another area where they can see we are catching up. No wonder it irritates them.

I thought Taylor refereed the game fairly well. His unfussy approach did benefit us a little in the first half but he showed the same approach to both sides. That is all I expect from a ref.
    There is no avoiding yellow cards. They can only be postponed, to the advantage of your opponent. As George Graham might've said.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There is no avoiding yellow cards. They can only be postponed, to the advantage of your opponent. As George Graham might've said.
    I am quite sure that I do not know what you mean by that

I am quite sure that I do not know what you mean by that
    I had thought you'd be familiar with the Classics
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."