Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the subject of hotels, what are everyone's favourite hotels in London?

On the subject of hotels, what are everyone's favourite hotels in London?

On a slightly different an interesting one opening in Crouch End (though serviced apartments). middle of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    On a slightly different an interesting one opening in Crouch End (though serviced apartments). middle of this year.
    I stayed in Great Scotland Yard before Christmas - that was nice. The cocktail bar was excellent. Wanted to try out the OWO round the corner on Whitehall but my boss bagged the freebie for there. On a more reasonable level (ie ones I can actually afford to pay for) I quite like the Thistle hotels (one in Barbican is a good location) and love the Z Hotels as well - basic but very comfortable, and normally lovely people working there. Used the one on City Road a few time - again also a great location.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I stayed in Great Scotland Yard before Christmas - that was nice. The cocktail bar was excellent. Wanted to try out the OWO round the corner on Whitehall but my boss bagged the freebie for there. On a more reasonable level (ie ones I can actually afford to pay for) I quite like the Thistle hotels (one in Barbican is a good location) and love the Z Hotels as well - basic but very comfortable, and normally lovely people working there. Used the one on City Road a few time - again also a great location.
    Heh, makes me recall a bit of AWIMB antiquity, the OXO tower. A review:

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I stayed at the W in Leicester Square a couple of times. A bit poncey, silver globes everywhere, bit too modern for me.
    I do recall the bar was absolutely crawling with top totty at the time. If i’d been 25 years younger and all that stuff…

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I stayed at the W in Leicester Square a couple of times. A bit poncey, silver globes everywhere, bit too modern for me.
    I do recall the bar was absolutely crawling with top totty at the time. If i’d been 25 years younger and all that stuff…
    Bit too central for me - but I can imagine the views were nice

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Heh, makes me recall a bit of AWIMB antiquity, the OXO tower. A review:

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

Rachel
    A classic chief

I can't remember ever staying in a hotel in London. Never been a need.

[QUOTE=Pat Vegas;4276582]On a slightly different an interesting one opening in Crouch End (though serviced apartments). middle of this year.[/QUOTE

Stayed at Ham Yard when it opened, the Grosvenor, Dorchester, many times following an annual industry bashes. The Hampshire, in a room with a very nice 4 poster that overlooked Leicester Square but I still have a soft spot for The Langham.

I always liked The Rathbone. Very comfy beds and great location.

[QUOTE=7sisters;4276589]
    On a slightly different an interesting one opening in Crouch End (though serviced apartments). middle of this year.[/QUOTE

Stayed at Ham Yard when it opened, the Grosvenor, Dorchester, many times following an annual industry bashes. The Hampshire, in a room with a very nice 4 poster that overlooked Leicester Square but I still have a soft spot for The Langham.
    Ham Yard is one that has caught my eye - must try it