Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IstanbulWimb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I took an executive suite in the Shangri-La in Delhi. It was acceptable for my needs. Food wasn't great.
    Hadn't heard of that. Just looked, it's on Janpath. The one I use, the Imperial, is also on Janpath, but halfway between yours and CP.

Have a look. Yours is modern. Mine is from the days of the Raj:

https://theimperialindia.com/

Maybe try there? Might be older but will be classier. My waiters have these fancy uniforms with massive headdresses. They look tops. Will bring me a copy of the Times of India to read while I munch and don't mind me doing drugs in the bogs.

There's a Taj in Delhi, but apparently the plushest back in the day was the Oberoi.

We went there for lunch once, but got thrown out for breaking into the spa after munching and having a shag in the pool. We had to run down the driveway and jump into an autorickshaw shouting "Chello. Geldi. Abi. " {Go. Fast. Now.}

Only time I've ever had to do a getaway. Dunno if we paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Hadn't heard of that. Just looked, it's on Janpath. The one I use, the Imperial, is also on Janpath, but halfway between yours and CP.

Maybe try there? Might be older but will be classier. My waiters have these fancy uniforms with massive headdresses. They look tops. Will bring me a copy of the Times of India to read while I munch and don't mind me doing drugs in the bogs.

There's a Taj in Delhi, but apparently the plushest back in the day was the Oberoi.

We went there for lunch once, but got thrown out for breaking into the spa after munching and having a shag in the pool. We had to run down the driveway and jump into an autorickshaw shouting "Chello. Geldi. Abi. " {Go. Fast. Now.}

I don't go to India very often these days. I used the Shangri-La because I always use them.

It's different when you are there for work. I'm busy from the minute I land so I just want convenience and help when I need it. The Shangri La always treat me like a king because I'm the lead name on our corporate account with them. I used to get them to go out and get me fags

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I have enjoyed several stays at the Imperial. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It does look rather pleasant.

It does look rather pleasant.
    The irony of you taking 5* hotel recommendations from a crusty.

The irony of you taking 5* hotel recommendations from a crusty.
    Oh, I wouldn't stay there myself.

I would stay at the Shang. They'd be angry if I didn't

When I want traditional I use the E&O in Penang.

Oh, I wouldn't stay there myself.

I would stay at the Shang. They'd be angry if I didn't

When I want traditional I use the E&O in Penang.
    You could still go to the Imperial for a munch, though. You could walk it - only 500m from the roundabout by yours. Lovely dining room. Old skool Raj stylee.

You could still go to the Imperial for a munch, though. You could walk it - only 500m from the roundabout by yours. Lovely dining room. Old skool Raj stylee.
    Wouldn't be the worst idea. I did get a horrible dose of food poisoning at the Shangri-La one night. Got pissed in the lounge and ate some meat. Never again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good man, C. The uniforms are tops, aren't they? And lovely people there. I only get an auto-rickshaw from Main Bazaar so we're not allowed to drive from the road to the entrance inside the gardens. I have to walk. But despite turning up on foot, with a skinhead and culottes and a grotty tee-shirt, they always salute me and treat me like a gent. As I say, lovely people.

JAI HIND.

Good man, C. The uniforms are tops, aren't they? And lovely people there. I only get an auto-rickshaw from Main Bazaar so we're not allowed to drive from the road to the entrance inside the gardens. I have to walk. But despite turning up on foot, with a skinhead and culottes and a grotty tee-shirt, they always salute me and treat me like a gent. As I say, lovely people.

JAI HIND.
    I like to take a stroll down to India Gate at dusk and watch the enormous bats going to roost.

Also, I rather enjoy the classical music playing under the water pool

Once coming back through Delhi the Imperial was fully booked and I had to spend a night at the Taj Mahal, much to my annoyance. However, my mood was improved no end when I learnt that the Taj contains the finest chinese restaurant in India with the glorious name, 'Hose of Ming'