Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IstanbulWimb

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Wise man - let me know how it is
    Didn't you recommend it? Surely you'd know if you are recommending it...

And yes, I did call you Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I’ve only been to Gurgaon at night but to be honest it looked just as much of ****pit as the rest of Delhi
    Oh, come on, C. Are you really saying a man like you can't appreciate the glory of Lutyens' New Delhi?

You have gone down in my estimation.

Next you'll be telling me there's nothing special about his WW1 cemeteries in Flanders or the Cenotaph itself.

You can't have the India Gate war memorial on a par with a Gurgaon shopping centre.

I have looked at Google photos and they don't seem to have any cows. What's the point in building a Delhi suburb and making it look like Croydon* and not even letting the cows in?

{*Would suit Berni given that's where he schooled.}

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post

Maybe to see if standards are being maintained? Maybe LA is the Hotel Inspector.

Speaking of which The Hotel Inspector could be a better show. She seems a flirty type. But unlike Kitchen nightmares nothing ever seems to improve. On the other hand Ramsay nicked the idea with Hotel Hell in the US. But I dislike any of the American Ramsay shows as everyone starts crying.

Hotel Inspector I feel it's an ok show that could be a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post

On reputation alone, I must admit. I don't actually know anyone who has to pay to stay in this places, m

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Maybe to see if standards are being maintained? Maybe LA is the Hotel Inspector.

Speaking of which The Hotel Inspector could be a better show. She seems a flirty type. But unlike Kitchen nightmares nothing ever seems to improve. On the other hand Ramsay nicked the idea with Hotel Hell in the US. But I dislike any of the American Ramsay shows as everyone starts crying.

Hotel Inspector I feel it's an ok show that could be a great show.
    I had a friend a while back who had a secret crush on Alex Polizzi. It's a strange one but I could see where he was coming from...

You are right though, the show under delivers it potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oh, come on, C. Are you really saying a man like you can't appreciate the glory of Lutyens' New Delhi?

You have gone down in my estimation.

Next you'll be telling me there's nothing special about his WW1 cemeteries in Flanders or the Cenotaph itself.

You can't have the India Gate war memorial on a par with a Gurgaon shopping centre.

I have looked at Google photos and they don't seem to have any cows. What's the point in building a Delhi suburb and making it look like Croydon* and not even letting the cows in?

{*Would suit Berni given that's where he schooled.}
    Lutyens’ New Delhi is hardly representative of Delhi as a whole, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lutyens’ New Delhi is hardly representative of Delhi as a whole, is it?
    It's fairly representative of New Delhi as a whole, given he built it.

{And me and my native crew are all proud New Delhi boys. When you get an auto-rickshaw, once you get to old Delhi they moan like they've gone south of the river but worse. They think Old Delhiites a bit untermenscheny.}

My point is that I'm fairly sure that neither Gurgaon nor Nodia have anything remotely as beautiful as the most boring bit of Lutyens.

I've stayed in the Tibetan Colony a few times, and used to have to go to near the Red Fort/Chandi Chowk for 2-3 hours on business every trip. But the rest of the time I've been in New Delhi. That to me is Delhi.

Think Centre Ville vs the Banlieus in Paris, C. 20 arrondissements with a lot of Haussman, and then vast suburban slums full of chavs and grafitti.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Wise man - let me know how it is
    excellent choice LA. I'd say the hotel was Top Bins.

Bit heavy on security though.