Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forest docked 4 points, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty, and all that

I don't want to win a title because they have been docked points. Would be a hollow victory. (City, not Forest!)
    I'd go for it if we can. I doubt any retrospective action will take place.

Best solution is a ten billion pound fine. Donate the money to the needy.
    I'm needy - I fully support this

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm needy - I fully support this
    I'm not sure needing to pay a bar tab counts as 'needy'

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm not sure needing to pay a bar tab counts as 'needy'
    You've clearly never seen my bar tabs

Doesn't mean they are happy losing it. I want fines that are big enough to convince these people to piss off and take their money somewhere else.
    Oh, well. At least they didn't buy THAT lot
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'll take it, 100%
    So would I. And I think the Scousers et al showed be retrospectively awarded titles for years they cheated. And us for last year. And they should be relegated a division for every season they've cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    So would I. And I think the Scousers et al showed be retrospectively awarded titles for years they cheated. And us for last year. And they should be relegated a division for every season they've cheated.
    Not much of a parade though, is it. Come and celebrate the title we have been retrospectively awarded from 3 years ago.

Plus.... you didn't win, did you. They were the better side, they just cheated on the spending. There is something about that I wouldn't want to celebrate.

Not much of a parade though, is it. Come and celebrate the title we have been retrospectively awarded from 3 years ago.

Plus.... you didn't win, did you. They were the better side, they just cheated on the spending. There is something about that I wouldn't want to celebrate.
    No, t'was the cheating that MADE them the better side. Impossible to separate the two. Beers for the Arsenal all round, I reckon. Dancing in the streets.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, t'was the cheating that MADE them the better side. Impossible to separate the two. Beers for the Arsenal all round, I reckon. Dancing in the streets.
    But they were still the better side..... even if you don't separate the two, you didn't actually win. Either you're in the results business or you're not.

But they were still the better side..... even if you don't separate the two, you didn't actually win. Either you're in the results business or you're not.
    I agree with Reds. It was cheating that made them the better side.

We loaned Raya to stay in budget. Were we allowed to cheat we could have had a winter window this year like last when we tried twice to buy a very expensive player and still made three great signings. {Leo, Jakob and Jorgy have all been starting during our recent good run.}

Were we allowed to cheat like City, we could have bought 3 top players this winter and we'd feel more confident about the two comps we're still in.

How would we feel in LFC had cheated this winter and spent £150m on two players? Wouldn't seem fair.

I agree that it's not a great parade for a trophy you won 3 years ago. Which is why every single scouse fan {and us} should be allowed to sue the City owners for a fortune.