Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forest docked 4 points, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They made Big Ron do something similar. It was not at all successful, but pretty funny.
    Right. He had to go to Africa, didn't he. Or the American Deep South, somewhere like that. As if he'd never met a darkie before lol. Nice work, if you can get it. Wouldn't mind a trip to Africa myself just now.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. He had to go to Africa, didn't he. Or the American Deep South, somewhere like that. As if he'd never met a darkie before lol. Nice work, if you can get it. Wouldn't mind a trip to Africa myself just now.
    Government here might be offering trips to Rwanda?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They made him to an equality and diversity seminar in the midlands with a load of people who were more racist than him. He came out even more convinced that he hadn't done anything wrong.

And yes, he went to a Museum of Racism in Alabama, looked at some old racist dolls and said they were no worse than spitting image

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm needy - I fully support this
    Special needy

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    In that case, Linford won gold. He never cheated.
    Errr, fairly sure he got banned for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    that final wasn't the best advert for athletics was it. Fairly sure the slowest lad on the grid could have taken his time, supped a beer (legal drug), and sauntered over the line in a minute and 14 seconds and end up getting the gold 20 years later

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I was being ironic.

That was '88, wasn't it? He got done for drugs some time after he won gold in '92. But in '88, when Johnson got done, the Beeb {or someone} asked Linford what he felt about now going up from a bronze to a sliver. He said he was happy with his bronze. Thought that was a bit strange at the time, but makes sense now.

Guess it must have been like the TdF. Everyone was on it, everyone had the same drugs, so they all thought the results fair.