Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ten Haag still bitching about decisions in the game at the Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not civil anyway
    I can be. Under the right circumstances

I don't think Arteta's regime is much of a laugh. Or, much of my idea of what constitutes a laugh which is basically mucking about and being stupid instead of getting on with what you are supposed to be doing.

Also, drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can be. Under the right circumstances

I don't think Arteta's regime is much of a laugh. Or, much of my idea of what constitutes a laugh which is basically mucking about and being stupid instead of getting on with what you are supposed to be doing.

Also, drinking
    tbf - having watched us training under Wenger, I was struck by how scary he was. There was a moment towards the end of a drill where Quincy (remember him) was mucking around a bit. Dennis was very unhappy - and you could feel the tension.

tbf - having watched us training under Wenger, I was struck by how scary he was. There was a moment towards the end of a drill where Quincy (remember him) was mucking around a bit. Dennis was very unhappy - and you could feel the tension.
    I think the first half of Wenger's tenure he probably didn't need to enforce too much. That squad was full of serious professionals who didn't **** around. I remember hearing there were fights every day in training. But when you start filling the squad with kids you have to take a more stern approach.

I never bought into the idea that Wenger was a soft touch. Obsessives like him rarely are.

Not sure he signed up to Arteta's 'values'.... I usually despise that term as it is often meaningless bull**** but Arteta seems to use it in the right way- he isn't going to tolerate tossers, troublemakers and lazy sods.

I like it. Obviously I wouldn't work for him if he is going to be like that but it definitely seems to work
    Yup. Spot on. Auba was an amazing player. But we're so much better without that sort of ego. I like all these young players who buy into his programme. It's just replacing Jorgy that worries me. Top quality player with bags of experience who'll often be on the bench except for the hardest games. Where do we get someone happy with that role?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yup. Spot on. Auba was an amazing player. But we're so much better without that sort of ego. I like all these young players who buy into his programme. It's just replacing Jorgy that worries me. Top quality player with bags of experience who'll often be on the bench except for the hardest games. Where do we get someone happy with that role?
    I don't think Aubamayang really suited the way Arteta wanted to play. He isn't really a centre forward but was never going to be suited to the left side role he favours. Players like him and Ozil are not really suited to the high press Arteta wants, particularly at their respective ages.

No doubt Arteta was making a point in the way he dealt with him but part of me thinks he wasn't too worried about moving him on.

after winning his biggest game of the season so far - what a sad ****
    Dutch managers are always the most miserable, detestable c**ts.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Apart from Saint Johan of course, jb (don't want to upset Sir C)

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Worse than the Portuguese?

..building up at the convention
    As the hustlers began to arrive.
    Must've been nine-thousand or more that came through the door.
    The time was 11:55.
    There were pick-pockets and dope peddlers, murderers and thieves.
    Card shark gamblers with aces up their sleeves.
    Bank robbers, burglers, boosters and pimps.
    Prostitutes, call girls, all kinds of nymphs!
    Loan sharks, swindlers, counterfeiters, and fences,
    Crooked politicians spending campaign expenses.
    Highjackers, arsonists, bookies in the mob,
    And anybody else who'd ever killed, cheated or robbed.

Yep. Sounds like our training ground alright.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Worse than the Portuguese?
    I like Nuno