Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it begins.....

So it begins.....

KDB pulls out of the Belgium squad due to a slight groin niggle. Yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    KDB pulls out of the Belgium squad due to a slight groin niggle. Yeah right!
    I am ok with this game, as long as we play it as well.

I want to see mild limps across the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am ok with this game, as long as we play it as well.

I want to see mild limps across the board!
    Saka needs a break. At least Martinelli will have a full recovery.

Not sure about Saka. Seems to be just one of those blokes that can play every game and no worries. Like Thierry used to. People always blandly point to The Tiredness whenever he doesn't have such a good match as usual but I'm not convinced.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Don't get this - he's been scoring for fun recently, doesn't seem tired at all

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Don't get this - he's been scoring for fun recently, doesn't seem tired at all
    Let me rephrase, Saka needs a break because I don't want him getting injured.

Let me rephrase, Saka needs a break because I don't want him getting injured.
    A perfectly phrased point I've no interest in these silly friendlies, but sometimes it's good for the players to keep playing. 19 days between Arsenal games is a lot

A perfectly phrased point I've no interest in these silly friendlies, but sometimes it's good for the players to keep playing. 19 days between Arsenal games is a lot
    Is there Internationals? I thought our lads were off to Dubai again
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Very true. For some of those players one game with their country might be best. Or 30 minutes off the bench. Don't really want to see Rice playing too much but Jesus could probably do with a start, and Zinchenko. Wouldn't mind seeing Partey get 70 minutes.

I remember when Liverpool and Spurs played in the CL final they had a huge gap before it. The players on both sides looked a bit rusty and it was a dreadful game (albeit a good result).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Very true. For some of those players one game with their country might be best. Or 30 minutes off the bench. Don't really want to see Rice playing too much but Jesus could probably do with a start, and Zinchenko. Wouldn't mind seeing Partey get 70 minutes.

I remember when Liverpool and Spurs played in the CL final they had a huge gap before it. The players on both sides looked a bit rusty and it was a dreadful game (albeit a good result).
    Two poor teams at the time tbf