Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great penalty kicks too, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Indeed but you watch most penalty takers and they are always looking at the keeper, not the ball. You really shouldn't need to look at the ball, which is why penalty takers who take long run ups always worry me.
    I'm exactly the opposite. Sod the keeper, hit the corner.

Raya would have saved mine last night if he had gone the right way

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'm exactly the opposite. Sod the keeper, hit the corner.

Raya would have saved mine last night if he had gone the right way
    That's it though, do that and you have 50/50 chance of the keeper saving it or getting close.

I always gave a sly look at one corner (that I wanted the keeper to notice) and then went the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    At least its not On the Up
    I loved that show!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I loved that show!
    Just the one Mrs Wembley?

Such a great cast - been rewatching Porridge recently. Sam Kelly really was a quite brilliant comic actor

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That's it though, do that and you have 50/50 chance of the keeper saving it or getting close.

I always gave a sly look at one corner (that I wanted the keeper to notice) and then went the other way.
    I always belted it in the bottom corner and if the keeper even moved I was surprised. If he went the right way he wouldn't get anywhere near it.

But most of these keepers were idiots who would need a running jump to reach the post

I only sent the keeper the wrong way once, in a five a side competition, and that is only because he saw me take a penalty in the previous game and I knew which way he was going to dive.

Just the one Mrs Wembley?

Such a great cast - been rewatching Porridge recently. Sam Kelly really was a quite brilliant comic actor
    Porridge is brilliant. Never really appreciated how good it was when I was younger.

Superb writing and Ronnie Barker is magnificent.

Porridge is brilliant. Never really appreciated how good it was when I was younger.

Superb writing and Ronnie Barker is magnificent.
    As is Fulton Mackay. Going Straight was brilliant apart from the first episode which is a two hander between and him and Barker on the train after Fletch is released and Mackay forced into retirement. Maybe not as funny but beautifully written and acted

As is Fulton Mackay. Going Straight was brilliant apart from the first episode which is a two hander between and him and Barker on the train after Fletch is released and Mackay forced into retirement. Maybe not as funny but beautifully written and acted
    I love that first episode of Going Straight

I always knew you were a man of taste, p

I often sing the theme song in my bath. Not to EVERYONE'S taste perhaps but there it is.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."