Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you didn't support Arsenal. which of our current players would you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
    Paul Scholes

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Paul Scholes
    Joey Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Footballers, for me, are rather like dogs; pretty much love and respect them all. Cheerful bants aside, it's hard to think of an exception to that rule.

But ask again later on!
    Sheringham, Roberts, Romero......I could go on

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sheringham, Roberts, Romero......I could go on
    Footballers (and dogs) are just BETTER than other people, better than everybody else.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Martinelli. Celebrated that goal at Villa before scoring it.
    Fabio celebrated before his pass even got to Gabby. I really hope we see the best of Fabio, but with Kai, Leo and now Dec playing ahead of Jorgy, I worry if he'll ever be anything other than back-up for Ødin.

ESP can play inside left or right. When he played at no.10 that Boxing Day he saved MAs career. The we signed Ødin and he moved to the wing replacing Gabby M. I still reckon when he gets a run of games, he could also play as a false 9 like Leo and Kai have.

I think MA was thinking of using him as cover for Saka, but seems to be preferring Reiss atm. I also reckon with Leo or Kai up top, Jesus could play right wing if we needed to give Saka a break.

Fabio could play inside left, but when we've had Kai there with Leo at 9, it's worked really well as they interchange. Gabby does that too, and we look more balanced with Kiwior as a normal LB and Benjamin White inverting. Ødin and Saka are so good - doubling up on Saka gets Ødin space - and BW still gets to join in. But Kiwior giving Martnelli a link he didn't have with Zinny and as I say, the Leo-Kai interchange is working well when they play together.

I don't think its a coincidence that we're playing better with Kiwior at LB and BW inverting on the right. But I don't want us to waste ESR and Fabio. Even after ESR lost his place to Gabby after injury he was scoring loads from the bench. But that's because he was coming on every week. If Timber hadn't been felled at Forest I doubt we'd have seen how good Kiwior is.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Definitely. Trossard seems a bit off the pace at the moment.
    Great reverse jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Great reverse jinx.
    Yes, it worked well, Fash and I deserve a lot of credit for the goal.

Half expected Saka to be hoicked at half time and be replaced by Jesus.

Ironic that Saka's pen was a beaut and the guy who had him in his pocket all night had his saved with the rebound not going his way either.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Yes, it worked well, Fash and I deserve a lot of credit for the goal.

Half expected Saka to be hoicked at half time and be replaced by Jesus.

Ironic that Saka's pen was a beaut and the guy who had him in his pocket all night had his saved with the rebound not going his way either.
    That rebound was a stroke of good fortune.

We've a mate in India, Monu, now 30, who we've known since he was 14 and we helped him with the deposit for an electric rickshaw. He was living on the streets of Delhi since he was really young.

He sent the same Ganpati sticker on his rickshaw for our new {2011 Fiesta} car.

Just as extra time ended, the glw asked if I could help her find her glasses. I couldn't, but when looking I found a gorgeous Ganpati statue he sent us with the stickers. I suddenly thought that if I picked it up and used it to touch Raya and the Arsenal pelanty takers on the laptop screen, then our love for each other and Ganpati would mean He would remove all obstacles to our victory and would bless us with Good Luck.

That rebound hitting Raya's head and going wide showed Ganpati's luck was with us - like your and Fash's reverse jinxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That rebound was a stroke of good fortune.

We've a mate in India, Monu, now 30, who we've known since he was 14 and we helped him with the deposit for an electric rickshaw. He was living on the streets of Delhi since he was really young.

He sent the same Ganpati sticker on his rickshaw for our new {2011 Fiesta} car.

Just as extra time ended, the glw asked if I could help her find her glasses. I couldn't, but when looking I found a gorgeous Ganpati statue he sent us with the stickers. I suddenly thought that if I picked it up and used it to touch Raya and the Arsenal pelanty takers on the laptop screen, then our love for each other and Ganpati would mean He would remove all obstacles to our victory and would bless us with Good Luck.

That rebound hitting Raya's head and going wide showed Ganpati's luck was with us - like your and Fash's reverse jinxing.
    wd Ganpati - always liked him