Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Havertz, I really like the chap. Proper bullet header.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I was stunned that wasn't given.
    1. Klopp farewell tour
    2. Last minute in front of the Kop
    3. It was a penalty
    If the ref had given it, fair enough. If VAR had given it, it would have been a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    most magnanimous of you, la

a refereeing ****show, once more, over the weekend.

Doku = not a pelanty
    I didn't think that was a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I didn't think that was a penalty
    I reckon kicking someone in the tit, whilst in the pelanty area, is a pelanty, p
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Message reported to Paul Durkin (yes it was 20+ years ago, yes we still won that game, yes I am still annoyed. That was as bad a refereeing performance as another one I won't mention to save IUFG the trouble)

But also an excellent summary of that useless ****er of a ref on Saturday
    When that ginger dwarf sent off Gio I was convinced we were never going to win the league again. By the end of the match I was convinced we were going to win that year

That was the Bobby skinning Gerrard match as well I think?

He had another really good game. Wish he had finished the earlier chance because I think he was onside.

The whole argument about sending him off for diving is some serious straw clutching. Even if you accept that it was a blatant dive (and ignore the slight contact) referees rarely send someone off for diving and they would have to be 100% sure, which was impossible.

If you want to take a literal interpretation of the rules, well... four Brentford players surrounded the ref appealing for him to be sent off. You can't do that, that is four yellow cards. Two of them waved imaginary cards- you can't do that, that is two yellow cards. One of them, Onyeka I think, was already on a yellow, so that is a red. As we are applying the rules ruthlessly you would also have given the penalty on Trossard and booked that guy.... etc etc etc

The amount of bookings they could have had for time wasting as well......

Interesting that they made every effort to block Ramsdale from taking quick throws. It amazes me other teams haven't being doing this.
    Yes Rammers ballsed up but they were 2x top drawer saves in the 2nd half, the Toney one (some effort that) especially.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes Rammers ballsed up but they were 2x top drawer saves in the 2nd half, the Toney one (some effort that) especially.
    Yeah. I recall the conversation we all had a while back about how Ramsdale seems to be able to cope with his mistakes and get on with it.

I thought the Toney save was better than the other one. Not that he reached it, but that he managed to steer it comfortably wide.

Interesting that they made every effort to block Ramsdale from taking quick throws. It amazes me other teams haven't being doing this.
    another part of law 12 that the referees never seem to enforce.

prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

another part of law 12 that the referees never seem to enforce.

prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
    They did eventually get a booking for it.

I've seen Raya run past four opponents and sling the ball into a two against two. You just cannot allow that to happen. All you have to do is get in the way, arms outstretched in the 'it weren't me, ref' pose. Worth the booking

They did eventually get a booking for it.

I've seen Raya run past four opponents and sling the ball into a two against two. You just cannot allow that to happen. All you have to do is get in the way, arms outstretched in the 'it weren't me, ref' pose. Worth the booking
    which you could only do once per match...

which you could only do once per match...
    You'd get away with at least one. Then when you get booked, someone else takes over.