Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Havertz, I really like the chap. Proper bullet header.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He actually slipped as well - didn't really dive. The thing that wound me most about that was Dudek could have be sent off for the pen we got and Henchoz got away with pulling Henry down when he was clear through on goal. Durkin then actually gave an interview after the game, giving the quote "Not every foul is a red card". I'm not a violent man but if I had seen that ginger **** anytime soon after that ... Also sent off Petit for bumping into him
    Also, when asked about the fact that it looked more like a slip and there was no appeal, he said something like 'there is too much diving in the game, anyway'..... in other words, I am far too much of a **** to admit I made a mistake.

I would gladly have shot him, but years later he reffed a game at Old Trafford and booked half the United side for a succession of appalling challenges. I forgave him- sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    most magnanimous of you, la

a refereeing ****show, once more, over the weekend.

Doku = not a pelanty
    I was stunned that wasn't given.
    1. Klopp farewell tour
    2. Last minute in front of the Kop
    3. It was a penalty

most magnanimous of you, la

a refereeing ****show, once more, over the weekend.

Doku = not a pelanty
    I didn't think that was a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I was stunned that wasn't given.
    1. Klopp farewell tour
    2. Last minute in front of the Kop
    3. It was a penalty
    If the ref had given it, fair enough. If VAR had given it, it would have been a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I didn't think that was a penalty
    I reckon kicking someone in the tit, whilst in the pelanty area, is a pelanty, p
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If the ref had given it, fair enough. If VAR had given it, it would have been a travesty.
    I've only seen a still of the incident but his foot did look a leetle bit on the high side

I've only seen a still of the incident but his foot did look a leetle bit on the high side
    in here, la

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-mac-allister
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

You are allowed to kick the ball at chest height. If you watch it slowly, he does win the ball, and the Liverpool runs on to the foot as much as anything. His foot trails back on contact, showing there was no follow through or force behind it.

It definitely does not qualify as clear and obvious. And I think the ref doesn't give it because it just looks weird. It doesn't look like a normal penalty incident.

Ref might also have been swayed by the fact that Salah had flung himself to the ground 30 seconds earlier. Haven't seen many calls for a yellow card
    Last edited by Peter; 03-11-2024 at 10:36 AM.

I reckon kicking someone in the tit, whilst in the pelanty area, is a pelanty, p
    I'm not so sure

He actually slipped as well - didn't really dive. The thing that wound me most about that was Dudek could have be sent off for the pen we got and Henchoz got away with pulling Henry down when he was clear through on goal. Durkin then actually gave an interview after the game, giving the quote "Not every foul is a red card". I'm not a violent man but if I had seen that ginger **** anytime soon after that ... Also sent off Petit for bumping into him
    I once saw Paul Durkin drinking in a bar in Weymouth when I was spending a weekend at Clive's. Dorset Gooner. What a lovely man.

Clive, not Scholesey's dad.