Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Havertz, I really like the chap. Proper bullet header.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just watched it again. Absolutely not a penalty, for me. Watch the angle of Doku's body on contact. He is turning away, withdrawing the foot. Minimal contact, and he is entitled to play the ball.

Excellent refereeing
    As usual, I agree with Peter

Never a pen, ask yourself what MacAllister was doing there. He didn't try to head the ball, control the ball or position himself to get control of the ball. He ran towards Duko while Duko was trying to clear the ball and stood there, directly in front of him. Then when the follow through brushed him he flung himself to the ground screaming.

Yellow for diving

But more importantly, since when did it become acceptable for defenders to grab anyone in the box when a cross is played in and drag them to the ground?! Brentford did it all game long, at one point someone dragged White into the goal as the cross came in!

It's currently a free for all on set pieces. Defenders seem to be able to do anything and get away with it.

I just hope we're doing it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It's currently a free for all on set pieces. Defenders seem to be able to do anything and get away with it.

I just hope we're doing it as well.

the moment we do it, is the moment it becomes a pelanty, W
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”