Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I broke two of my Queen CDs.......

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Oh Peter, there we go again - disagreeing.

Pepper is grossly overrated, I'd take the White Album every time.

She's Leaving Home and When I'm 64 are just utter McCartney dross. Or to summarise better, the first three songs are great and after that you get mostly average songs, or rubbish, until Day in the Life, which is also overrated.

go to youtube and search for a video of someone playing Keith's guitar line from Tumbling Dice. There are a few. You don't need the vocals, bass or drum, just that guitar line. Keith is a genius.
    See....I was willing to overlook the whole Radio Ga Ga issue. But this.... what you have written here.... it is just totally unacceptable.

You need to sit down and take a long look at yourself, Wes. And it won't be pretty

There are a couple of goodish songs on it.

Sadly, be it the heroin, the years or their relationship, Mick and Keith will never write another Tumbling Dice, Honky Tonk Woman or Moonlight Mile ever again, I'm afraid.
    Maybe they grew up and now love Queen?

I still listen to Floyd, Who, Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    See....I was willing to overlook the whole Radio Ga Ga issue. But this.... what you have written here.... it is just totally unacceptable.

You need to sit down and take a long look at yourself, Wes. And it won't be pretty
    Are you *actually* telling me, Peter, that When I'm 64 is a better song than Radio Ga Ga?

Really?

It's load of sh1t, I don't care if it's on Pepper or not.

Early Queen is the best (Prophet's Song etc). Genesis and Pink Floyd is where it's at. The Beatles are mostly overrated bar a handful of brilliant songs. Paul is responsible for the worst Christmas song of all time.

Total disrespect for the 80s here. Genius decade. 60s & 70s founded bands coming into their stride combined with the exciting ascension of new drum machines and synths. A level of creativity that can only be seen at the experimentation stage of figuring out all this new hardware.There's a high level of analogue warmth to 80s records that hasn't been seen since.

Are you *actually* telling me, Peter, that When I'm 64 is a better song than Radio Ga Ga?

Really?

It's load of sh1t, I don't care if it's on Pepper or not.
    A fool and his opinions are seldom parted......

A fool and his opinions are seldom parted......
    I think When I'm 64 is a dreadful song but love She's Leaving Home - funny how opinions differ. I do love Radio Ga Ga as well tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think When I'm 64 is a dreadful song but love She's Leaving Home - funny how opinions differ. I do love Radio Ga Ga as well tbf
    WES is doing his usual. Trying to lock me into arguing over one song when the real issue is him trashing pretty much the entire album.

Do I think When I'm 64 is an amazing song? No. But I am not going bother arguing over the better of two bad songs. It would be like discussing the difference between **** and ****e.

And let's face it, if the chap thinks A Day in the Life isn't any good then our reference points are too far apart. We may as well stick to arguing about whether Arsenal are going to win the league

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    There's a high level of analogue warmth to 80s records that hasn't been seen since.
    You seem to have overlooked the fact that 80s music was pretty much at the mercy of the awful Yamaha DX7 - a digital synthesizer.

A sound so bright, harsh and percussiony, it spoiled, pretty much, 99% of things it touched.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

WES is doing his usual. Trying to lock me into arguing over one song when the real issue is him trashing pretty much the entire album.

Do I think When I'm 64 is an amazing song? No. But I am not going bother arguing over the better of two bad songs. It would be like discussing the difference between **** and ****e.

And let's face it, if the chap thinks A Day in the Life isn't any good then our reference points are too far apart. We may as well stick to arguing about whether Arsenal are going to win the league
    Except that I didn’t trash pretty much the entire album, I said the first three songs were great and a lot of the rest was very average. And I didn’t say A Day in the Life wasn’t any good I said it was overrated.

Other than that your analysis is spot on Peter