Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: carwimb. what car(s) do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Engine management lights can really do one!! Mine goes off every month, garage resets it and says nothing wrong with it.
    I had a Mazda 3 MPS - constant red lights on the dashboard. Always in at the dealer who said there were no issues.

In the end they reclassifed the warnings as ambers and said just leave it until the next time you bring it in.

Invariably the light would go off by itself in the meantime.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I had a Mazda 3 MPS - constant red lights on the dashboard. Always in at the dealer who said there were no issues.

In the end they reclassifed the warnings as ambers and said just leave it until the next time you bring it in.

Invariably the light would go off by itself in the meantime.
    Tyre sensors. Most pointless thing I have ever experienced. I am no genius with cars but I am capable of spotting a flat tyre on my own!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Engine management lights can really do one!! Mine goes off every month, garage resets it and says nothing wrong with it.
    My a class used to drive me crazy. it would randomly not start all the lights would come on. you'd have to get out lock the car and reopen it and then it might work sometimes it would take 30 seconds some times 30 minutes. Called Mercedes so many times and took it for a diagnositc couldn't find anything wrong with it. it used to happen at the most annoying times like if you stopped at services on your way somewhere. then it wouldn't do it for months. Was part of the reason I got rid of it as wasn't willing to spend any more money on trying to diagnose it, I miss a lot of the tech in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Tyre sensors. Most pointless thing I have ever experienced. I am no genius with cars but I am capable of spotting a flat tyre on my own!
    There was a 'do not drive' red warning that intermittently came on. Mazda dealer could not find the reason.

A £10 OBD2 plug-in from Amazon found it

Exhaust pressure sensor. Who knew you needed such a thing..?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    quite good at an early warning though if you have a slow puncture. I had a nail in my tyre after a trip to silverstone. car felt fine and the tyres looked good but the sensors showed the pressure was down. glad I spotted it then and not halfway down the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My a class used to drive me crazy. it would randomly not start all the lights would come on. you'd have to get out lock the car and reopen it and then it might work sometimes it would take 30 seconds some times 30 minutes. Called Mercedes so many times and took it for a diagnositc couldn't find anything wrong with it. it used to happen at the most annoying times like if you stopped at services on your way somewhere. then it wouldn't do it for months. Was part of the reason I got rid of it as wasn't willing to spend any more money on trying to diagnose it, I miss a lot of the tech in it though.
    Ah, the old 'open the driver's door and close it' reboot technique.

Ah, the old 'open the driver's door and close it' reboot technique.
    yep, definitely some sort of software problem I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    quite good at an early warning though if you have a slow puncture. I had a nail in my tyre after a trip to silverstone. car felt fine and the tyres looked good but the sensors showed the pressure was down. glad I spotted it then and not halfway down the motorway.
    Mine were very good at telling me I had a flat tyre when I didn't. Every 30 seconds or so, with a beep that was clearly designed to be ****ing irritating.

I was so happy when the garage told me they could just take them off

A week later I had a flat tyre..... fortunately I spotted it myself.

VAG really, really ****ed up the software on the latest batch of machines.

A journey when the screen didn't keep rebooting or just stopped working or didn't call the emergency services was a delight.

useless ****s.
    I was constantly being pinged with the most annoying ping sound ever invented that the driver assist functions were not available.

I pointed out to VW that I didn't want or need them so was happy for them to be turned off. They told me that was not possible. I told them the configuration had a setting that allowed you to turn some of them off. They told me it didn't work.

That was the one thing it is exceptionally good at, telling me that driver assist functions that I didn't want, didn't need, and that didn't work, were not available.

Volvo XC90 T8