Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal finances

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agreed. It is Saka you have to keep. Odegaard, Martinelli. The ones you took as kids and helped develop into great players.

I would like us to keep looking at signings like Kiwior. The ones starting to show real potential but without the price tag.
    Saka leaving would be a killer but I don't think he will. Martinelli possibly, like Saliba, will be one to go. Kiwior and Tomiyasu have both been great "finds". Funny how little is made of how underwhelming Gvardiol has been at City this season despite his huge fee

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Saka leaving would be a killer but I don't think he will. Martinelli possibly, like Saliba, will be one to go. Kiwior and Tomiyasu have both been great "finds". Funny how little is made of how underwhelming Gvardiol has been at City this season despite his huge fee
    Also worth noting we paid not much more than about 25 million for Gabriel. That's proved to be a pretty great deal.

Also worth noting we paid not much more than about 25 million for Gabriel. That's proved to be a pretty great deal.
    He's been great this season. Drugs test anyone?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He'll be the first to go, imo.

Might be difficult for us to appreciate how the Carlos Kickaballs view other European clubs in stature compared to how we do.

Still money and trophies shouts the loudest...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Interesting. You'd like to think we know what we are doing. Personally, I hope the major spending is mostly done and we will be looking to bring in one or two players each year now.

I do wonder if the Kroenke's have been shovelling a few quid in. A weird thing seems to have started happening across their sporting franchises since the son took more control- they've started winning stuff!
    I reckon this summer will probably be the last big shopping spree. A new striker, winger, midfielder and possibly a CB (I have a hunch they sell Kiwior). In the following summers they'll just be replacing whoever leaves.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 02-28-2024 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I reckon this summer will probably be the last big shopping spree. A new striker, winger, midfielder and possibly a CB (I have a hunch they sell Kiwior). In the following summers they'll just be replacing whoever leaves.
    Certainly if we keep losing £50m+ a year! I still don't get how our commercial revenue (much improved last year) is still so far behind our rivals. Maybe, our books are a lot more honest......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Certainly if we keep losing £50m+ a year! I still don't get how our commercial revenue (much improved last year) is still so far behind our rivals. Maybe, our books are a lot more honest......
    Yeah even Spurs put us to shame on the commercial side. We seem to have signed a load of new commercial deals in the last year so maybe it will catch up with the rest. I hope they're getting a lot of money for renaming Colney the Sobha Reality Training Centre.

Seems to be a lot of interest in Kiwior - depends on how the rest of the season goes. Once Timber is back he may be surplus to requirements (although also relies on Tomiyasu staying fit): Would be a shame because I like him

Yeah even Spurs put us to shame on the commercial side. We seem to have signed a load of new commercial deals in the last year so maybe it will catch up with the rest. I hope they're getting a lot of money for renaming Colney the Sobha Reality Training Centre.
    £10m a season apparently, plus the Emirates deal from next year goes up to £60m. I think the NFL thing makes the scum a fair whack.

Seems to be a lot of interest in Kiwior - depends on how the rest of the season goes. Once Timber is back he may be surplus to requirements (although also relies on Tomiyasu staying fit): Would be a shame because I like him
    Yeah I feel like we haven't seen the very best of him and he has been a bit unlucky playing at LB most of the time (although he has started to play very well there). As you say, with Timber back next season there probably isn't a lot of room for him and we've been quite heavily linked to that young CB at Ajax so if we get him one of the ones we have will need to go.