Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal finances

Arsenal finances

Rumoured £52m loss but apparently we still have plenty of headroom for FFP, etc.

Source: ITK's on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Rumoured £52m loss but apparently we still have plenty of headroom for FFP, etc.

Source: ITK's on Twitter
    Interesting. You'd like to think we know what we are doing. Personally, I hope the major spending is mostly done and we will be looking to bring in one or two players each year now.

I do wonder if the Kroenke's have been shovelling a few quid in. A weird thing seems to have started happening across their sporting franchises since the son took more control- they've started winning stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Interesting. You'd like to think we know what we are doing. Personally, I hope the major spending is mostly done and we will be looking to bring in one or two players each year now.

I do wonder if the Kroenke's have been shovelling a few quid in. A weird thing seems to have started happening across their sporting franchises since the son took more control- they've started winning stuff!
    CL revenue will help in next year's books.....would help if we get past Porto!

trouble is, the level of player we need to be looking at, to keep challenging City and the Dippers, will be £80-£100m in today's terms.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    CL revenue will help in next year's books.....would help if we get past Porto!
    If we can't beat that shower of **** at our place, we don't deserve, etc, etc...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    trouble is, the level of player we need to be looking at, to keep challenging City and the Dippers, will be £80-£100m in today's terms.
    Not necessarily. Maybe one of those, and a cheaper one.

You would also hope that the quality of player we will be selling will also go up so the net spend shouldn't be awful. So far we have been giving players away.

Good chance Liverpool might be ****ed when Klopp leaves.

You would also hope that the quality of player we will be selling will also go up so the net spend shouldn't be awful. So far we have been giving players away.

Also the core of the side is still very young and hopefully should only improve as they gain more experience.

Post reported to Alex Iwobi...

Decent point.

And as our youngsters get better Real Madrid, PSG, Newcastle(?) and Man City (to whom FFP doesn't really apply) will come and sniff...

Honestly, I think we have a very deep squad and need only a couple of additions. Ramsdale will generate 40mil or so? I assume Partey is gone as well.

How about Neto for 60mil (his buyout I think) plus a Partey replacement and may a young keeper and defender. Sales should generate enough to keep that outlay to around 50-60mil?

Post reported to Alex Iwobi...

Decent point.

And as our youngsters get better Real Madrid, PSG, Newcastle(?) and Man City (to whom FFP doesn't really apply) will come and sniff...
    If Real Madrid sign Mbappe they are ****ed for years, PSG , Newcastle the question mark is right, City? We beat them to Rice - not sure they are as attractive an option as you think