Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary thing is that Rio probably believes this

Scary thing is that Rio probably believes this

https://www.football365.com/news/man...e-100-per-cent

Drug testing for pundits please (not that he'd show up)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    https://www.football365.com/news/man...e-100-per-cent

Drug testing for pundits please (not that he'd show up)
    I would suggest he just says it as clickbait. United are a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I would suggest he just says it as clickbait. United are a mess.
    Great centre back- bit of a ****ing idiot though, who seems to like winding up Arsenal fans

When Arteta can pay 100 million for a midfielder at Arsenal, why on earth would he want to join United and start his whole process again?

Utter rubbish. City, maybe but I wouldn't want to follow Pep....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Great centre back- bit of a ****ing idiot though, who seems to like winding up Arsenal fans

When Arteta can pay 100 million for a midfielder at Arsenal, why on earth would he want to join United and start his whole process again?

Utter rubbish. City, maybe but I wouldn't want to follow Pep....
    United are still struggling to find someone to follow Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    United are still struggling to find someone to follow Ferguson.
    They actually need an Edu, not an Arteta.

They have caught Spurs disease- a failure to understand that strategy and coaching need to align. For example, you can't have a policy of signing and developing younger players and then appoint a Mourinho to coach them.

They actually need an Edu, not an Arteta.

They have caught Spurs disease- a failure to understand that strategy and coaching need to align. For example, you can't have a policy of signing and developing younger players and then appoint a Mourinho to coach them.
    Very true - we were lucky enough to have an Edu and Arteta rolled into one until quite recently

Very true - we were lucky enough to have an Edu and Arteta rolled into one until quite recently
    I think one of the reasons Wenger stayed so long is that he knew nobody else could do the job. The expectations at Arsenal massively outstripped the resources. Wenger understood and accepted this but hardly any other manager would (see Rafa at Liverpool).

We got the whole thing horribly wrong with Emery. Very good coach but the situation and power struggle above him was a total and utter mess. Nobody could have made that work.

I think one of the reasons Wenger stayed so long is that he knew nobody else could do the job. The expectations at Arsenal massively outstripped the resources. Wenger understood and accepted this but hardly any other manager would (see Rafa at Liverpool).

We got the whole thing horribly wrong with Emery. Very good coach but the situation and power struggle above him was a total and utter mess. Nobody could have made that work.
    Yep - I like Emery. Bit like ten Haag at United, I can't see it working but not the coach's fault

Yep - I like Emery. Bit like ten Haag at United, I can't see it working but not the coach's fault
    Same here. After what happened with us it was brave of Emery to come back to England. Dont like to see Villa do well but I am plresed for him.

ten Haag did well last season with a mess of a squad and a host of trouble makers. Similar to the issues Arteta inherited. I still don't think they are buying him the right players. He might just be in the sort of second season slump Arteta experienced. I doubt he will be given time to turn it around though.

That kid in midfield, Mainoo- he looks amazing. For a kid that young to play that well, in that position at the top level is almost unheard of these days.

Same here. After what happened with us it was brave of Emery to come back to England. Dont like to see Villa do well but I am plresed for him.

ten Haag did well last season with a mess of a squad and a host of trouble makers. Similar to the issues Arteta inherited. I still don't think they are buying him the right players. He might just be in the sort of second season slump Arteta experienced. I doubt he will be given time to turn it around though.

That kid in midfield, Mainoo- he looks amazing. For a kid that young to play that well, in that position at the top level is almost unheard of these days.
    Spot on on Mainoo. In terms of buying players he's been involved in that to some extent - the money spent on Antony was embarrassing. A no-trick pony at best. Not sure while they eulogise about Martinez either - a thug with no pace