Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Stan … you were of the best ..

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Surely Death is male? Is this political correctness gone mad?
    Men never get to do anything nowadays, it's ALWAYS a woman.

Or whatever.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Surely Death is male? Is this political correctness gone mad?
    Grim Reaperess?

All cars are driven by women now and washing machines operated by men.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Grim Reaperess?

All cars are driven by women now and washing machines operated by men.
    Try buying a novel written by a man. Go on, I dare you.

Publishers must have a strict rule only to sign chicks these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    is nigh when Mother Eternity lays her calming hand on your shoulder and whispers “Come, you have always been mine and now you must to return to me.”
    See? You are a Vedic , Herbs. None of this Abrahamic hell nonsense. We are all just part of the Eternal, Pure Love of Divinity and shall merge again with Her upon death without having a human psyche getting in the way.

That's why God wants us to take drugs - so we can get glimpses of this Reality while alive.

Grim Reaperess?

All cars are driven by women now and washing machines operated by men
    They are in our house now we've got a new washing machine with a digital display and the instructions. After a quarter century together so far, I've actually learned how to use it. I'm having to show my Parvati how to set the timer and add the drying options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Try buying a novel written by a man. Go on, I dare you.

Publishers must have a strict rule only to sign chicks these days.
    That Richard Osman chap seemed very popular with the lady readers round the pool in Lanzarote two months back.

That Richard Osman chap seemed very popular with the lady readers round the pool in Lanzarote two months back.
    They're quite an entertaining read, if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They're quite an entertaining read, if I'm honest.
    Not sure why but I've tried to read the first book several times and still haven't finished it. I like the style - and love murder mystery books. I think it might be just because I can't read it without his voice in my head. Though currently reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer and definitely hearing it in his voice too

Not sure why but I've tried to read the first book several times and still haven't finished it. I like the style - and love murder mystery books. I think it might be just because I can't read it without his voice in my head. Though currently reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer and definitely hearing it in his voice too
    I would recommend AJP Taylor's Origins of the Second World War, if you haven't read it.

More exciting than any novel!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Men never get to do anything nowadays, it's ALWAYS a woman.

Or whatever.
    Isn't it just that men get on with what they are doing while women drivel on and on about doing it? Bit like the Americans with drinking- while they are still whooping and cheering and high fiving, we are quietly starting in on our fourth pint