Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I didn’t mean to have a go at Arteta last night.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, we're are just two points off the top of the most difficult league in Europe, Peter. So we aren't *that* bad.

If the point that Charles is making is that football is all a bit samey, then I agree with him. Everyone seems to play the same system, endless pressing, flood midfield, get the ball back as quickly as possible when you lose it, push forward again.

Teams used to be about players only, so every team was different. Now it's just who does the same thing the best.

If that's his point, I agree with him.
    We are 5 points off the top of the league and I didn't say we were bad. I said we hadn't mastered the balance of controlling games without becoming unbelievably ****ing dull.

I don't think all teams play the same way although I do agree that teams are more about teams than individuals these days. I quite like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We are 5 points off the top of the league and I didn't say we were bad. I said we hadn't mastered the balance of controlling games without becoming unbelievably ****ing dull.

I don't think all teams play the same way although I do agree that teams are more about teams than individuals these days. I quite like that.
    2 points if we win the game in hand, stop being silly.

And 'We end up as toothless, static drones, knocking balls across our lines for 90 minutes until someone falls over and we concede a goal' sounds pretty bad to me, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    2 points if we win the game in hand, stop being silly.

And 'We end up as toothless, static drones, knocking balls across our lines for 90 minutes until someone falls over and we concede a goal' sounds pretty bad to me, Peter
    Simple arithmetic doesn't do 'ifs' Wes

I wasn't being entirely serious with that description and I think you know that.....