Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm afraid we deserved that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is because we won the ball three times and gave it straight back to them. That causes anxiety and pulls people out of position.

You could criticise Raya for being too far off his line but three times he has adjusted assuming we are going to be moving up the pitch....

You can chuck the ball away once but the second time you have to deal with it. We didn't. 9 times out of 10 the guy skies it or curls it wide. You could argue we were a bit unlucky but sometimes you make your own bad luck.
    The thing that REALLY causes anxiety and pulls people out of position is not taking your chances; we ought to have been a couple of goals to the good long before they scored.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The thing that REALLY causes anxiety and pulls people out of position is not taking your chances; we ought to have been a couple of goals to the good long before they scored.
    You can't make that excuse in game management mode. The whole point is you control the game and the flow of the ball, regardless of the score.

You can't wet your pants just because someone volleyed over the only chance you created for 94 minutes.

You can't make that excuse in game management mode. The whole point is you control the game and the flow of the ball, regardless of the score.

You can't wet your pants just because someone volleyed over the only chance you created for 94 minutes.
    The corners, P, the corners.

We have been surprisingly good at them recently, and we got some pretty solid heads to some last night. Could, should, have scored with one of them imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    When that bloke hit the post and then missed I was very confused. it was one of the strangest ones like that I have seen, thought my tv had gone wrong.
    with you on that one, f
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The corners, P, the corners.

We have been surprisingly good at them recently, and we got some pretty solid heads to some last night. Could, should, have scored with one of them imo.
    If either of those had gone in the ref would have disallowed them for some perceived push, shove or unpleasant comment.

If either of those had gone in the ref would have disallowed them for some perceived push, shove or unpleasant comment.
    The referee was completely tragic.

This notoriously thuggish Arsenal side committed the most fouls in a UEFA Champions League match since 8th December 2021.

As someone mentioned earlier, the Havertz booking

No, not buying it, I'm afraid. Not even approaching the shop to buy it. In fact, I'm not even going anywhere near the town that has a shop that's selling it!

Goals Change Games. Controlling things at 2-0 up or at 0-0 or even at 2-0 down are entirely different things.

Regardless of the score, indeed! Good. Lord.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The referee was completely tragic.

This notoriously thuggish Arsenal side committed the most fouls in a UEFA Champions League match since 8th December 2021.

As someone mentioned earlier, the Havertz booking
    The Rice tackle on the edge of their box was perfectly timed and we would have been through. The only shock was he didn't give a 2nd yellow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, not buying it, I'm afraid. Not even approaching the shop to buy it. In fact, I'm not even going anywhere near the town that has a shop that's selling it!

Goals Change Games. Controlling things at 2-0 up or at 0-0 or even at 2-0 down are entirely different things.

Regardless of the score, indeed! Good. Lord.
    They are different things and we are **** at both. If anything we are more likely to ship stupid goals when ahead.

If you can't cope with being 0-0 then game management isnt for you. You're better off actually trying to win the game.

They are different things and we are **** at both. If anything we are more likely to ship stupid goals when ahead.

If you can't cope with being 0-0 then game management isnt for you. You're better off actually trying to win the game.
    I know you're right; all that money for a parking meter rather than a striker, says it all. Which consequently makes your second point even more baffling. In England "controlling the game" always meant the same as "time-wasting". We like our centre forwards to have the ball, not our centre-halves or central midfielders.