Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Could Jesus play RW?

Could Jesus play RW?

I'm just thinking that imagine when he's fit again that Leo has found his shooting boots - should have had a hat-trick on Sat - as well as playing as well or even better than he is {esp in regards to his switching with Kai now - and Ganpati willing forever more - confusing the opposition and making us loads of goals.}

We couldn't drop Leo. So I was wondering if Jesus could come on for Saka if the game was wrapped up after 65 mins again. So he actually gets some rest. If we wanted to give Leo a rest at the same time, we could play ESR in Kai's role and move Kai up front, or try ESR as a false 9, which I've always thought he'd be great at.

We need to be able to give Saka some minutes off. But other than RN, we don't have any options. Could Jesus do it, especially as he regains his match sharpness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm just thinking that imagine when he's fit again that Leo has found his shooting boots - should have had a hat-trick on Sat - as well as playing as well or even better than he is {esp in regards to his switching with Kai now - and Ganpati willing forever more - confusing the opposition and making us loads of goals.}

We couldn't drop Leo. So I was wondering if Jesus could come on for Saka if the game was wrapped up after 65 mins again. So he actually gets some rest. If we wanted to give Leo a rest at the same time, we could play ESR in Kai's role and move Kai up front, or try ESR as a false 9, which I've always thought he'd be great at.

We need to be able to give Saka some minutes off. But other than RN, we don't have any options. Could Jesus do it, especially as he regains his match sharpness?
    We appear to be repeatedly linked quite heavily with Netto, who seems to play on both flanks, although possibly more on the right. *If there’s any truth in this rumour, presumably the boss is thinking more about interchanging with Saka & Martinelli, as Jesus appears to break down with more regularity than your average Range Rover.
    This is probably all bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We appear to be repeatedly linked quite heavily with Netto, who seems to play on both flanks, although possibly more on the right. *If there’s any truth in this rumour, presumably the boss is thinking more about interchanging with Saka & Martinelli, as Jesus appears to break down with more regularity than your average Range Rover.
    This is probably all bollox.
    We definitely want Neto - that assist on Saturday was amazing (not just because it was Spurs ... all right a little bit because it was Spurs)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We definitely want Neto - that assist on Saturday was amazing (not just because it was Spurs ... all right a little bit because it was Spurs)
    He does look a very good player. His numbers are not that impressive but that doesn't mean a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Insert joke about crosses ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He does look a very good player. His numbers are not that impressive but that doesn't mean a lot.
    Buy Neto and convert Martinelli to no. 9

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, very good.

It's worth giving him a fews mins there just for that.

But I would like us having options to take B off early this season. Leo seems two-footed and I reckon ESR could play the Leo up front role - a false 9 who can interchange with Kai. ESR just needs one goal and then, Ganpati willing, he'll be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The irony of Jesus providing the crosses......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The irony of Jesus providing the crosses......
    They'd be nailed on...

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    They'd be nailed on...

Jesus wept

Never been more apt on this site