Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue cards, FFS

Blue cards, FFS

They can't even get yellow's and red's right.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It'll never catch on
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It'll never catch on
    Makes it even easier for refs to pick on players/teams they have an either conscious or unconscious bias against. Also, what happens if they blue card a keeper?

Makes it even easier for refs to pick on players/teams they have an either conscious or unconscious bias against. Also, what happens if they blue card a keeper?
    The team will have to remove an outfield player for 10 min, I think.

I'm a fan. It's ludicrous that the only way to prevent someone from cynically stopping play is the threat of being sent off if he does it twice.

I like it

They probably do like in Ice hockey. if a goalie gets a penalty one of the other players serves it for them (in most cases)

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The team will have to remove an outfield player for 10 min, I think.

I'm a fan. It's ludicrous that the only way to prevent someone from cynically stopping play is the threat of being sent off if he does it twice.

I like it
    Too many problems here. 10 real minutes, or 10 football minutes? Because I would just have someone feign a head injury and waste 4 minutes on treatment. Thus cynically stopping play.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Too many problems here. 10 real minutes, or 10 football minutes? Because I would just have someone feign a head injury and waste 4 minutes on treatment. Thus cynically stopping play.
    It's just a load of *******s and gives refs even more leeway to make spurious decisions, imo

It's just a load of *******s and gives refs even more leeway to make spurious decisions, imo
    Agreed. And what is the problem here? Yellow cards already exist for these offences. Dragging a man off for 10 minutes is just going to detract from the spectacle.

Only for specific offences or for 'orange card' incidents?

Either way - stick it up your *******s. It'll get as murky as offsides and handballs have become.

The goalie back pass rule change is the only decent rule change during my lifetime, I reckon.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Only for specific offences or for 'orange card' incidents?

Either way - stick it up your *******s. It'll get as murky as offsides and handballs have become.

The goalie back pass rule change is the only decent rule change during my lifetime, I reckon.
    Goal line technology as well.