Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That was as much Saliba as Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well that was enjoyable - clearly the better team and clearly in the chase for the league.

Well done Arsenal and well done Arteta!

Nice of Liverpool to return the favour

Jorginho excellent in two different roles and, I have criticised him previously, Raya was excellent- flawless handling throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    On the upside, we have made the league leaders look like relegation fodder we are so good
    Very good point. Not impressed at all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Jorginho excellent in two different roles and, I have criticised him previously, Raya was excellent- flawless handling throughout.
    Gary Neville agrees with you re Jorginho making him MotM. I too have eaten my previous critical words.

Havertz defended well in the latter stages.

The Gabriel - Polish Chap attacking combo was pretty impressive!

Perhaps we've found the midfield we were looking for - they were all awfully good and we seemed to have the right balance.

We've drawn with Liverpool away in a very even game, completely outplayed them at home and deservedly beaten City at home.

This should be fun

And no doubt you noticed that Gabi and Saka had far more 1v1s with the FBs than we usually see.

Possibly because we moved it more quickly through midfield (even with Rice there ) or possibly because Liverpool didn't actually come for a draw. Or possibly both.

Raya was as much at fault for their goal as Saliba, he started to come and then stopped. Should have cleaned everyone out

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Raya was as much at fault for their goal as Saliba, he started to come and then stopped. Should have cleaned everyone out
    I did consider that but the ball was travelling quite slowly. As he approached Diaz got round Saliba and at that point he cant clean them out.

Sometimes the keeper charging out can lead to disaster

I blame Saliba for it. should have just hoofed it at that point of the half.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I blame Saliba for it. should have just hoofed it at that point of the half.
    Can't do that sort of thing anymore, I'm afraid. They'd take away his ball-playing centre-halves club membership card and badge
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Can't do that sort of thing anymore, I'm afraid. They'd take away his ball-playing centre-halves club membership card and badge
    I was extemely pleased when Liverpool had a similar error later on. I was thinking to myself this sort of thing only happens to us.

Also I think Klopp was a but over confident he probably thought let Arsenal beat themselves again. didn't work this time.