Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseWimb

HouseWimb

I think I want to move,

Where will I get the bast value for money without it being a dump?

Need to be able to get to London once a week and that doesn't cost the earth. ideally an hour or 1 hour and a half away.

In Essex now. quite like it apart from Traffic choas when the Dartford crossing closes.

Also like the idea of the Seaside.

We're a cheap county (Lincolnshire) and have fast trains up to London King's Cross.

Unfortunately it's cheap for a reason. Several reasons actually!

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    We're a cheap county (Lincolnshire) and have fast trains up to London King's Cross.

Unfortunately it's cheap for a reason. Several reasons actually!
    How long to LKC on the train, p?

Why is it cheap up there? What's the most happening town in Lincolnshire? Thinking of downgrading...

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    How long to LKC on the train, p?

Why is it cheap up there? What's the most happening town in Lincolnshire? Thinking of downgrading...
    1hr 10mins from Grantham. A lot of ex-Londoners live near Peterborough (Cambridgeshire) which is 50 mins to KX.

There is no 'happening' in Lincolnshire, it is primarily rural and populated by fen folk.

We are close to Grantham which is ok for getting most things but, regardless of tonight's result, we will pop across to Nottingham on Saturday (<1hr drive). Leicester and Lincoln also within an hour. As is Peterborough but I only go there for the dentist as I'm too scared to change the practice I've been going to for almost 50 years. Am on only my third actual dentist as an adult, he's young with local ties so should hopefully see me out.

For our rare trips to the Emirates we drive to C*ckfosters and get the tube.

Apart from Stamford most of Lincolnshire would be a downgrade. Seaside-wise the north Norfolk coast is easily accessible.

Stop by when you're passing on the A1

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    1hr 10mins from Grantham. A lot of ex-Londoners live near Peterborough (Cambridgeshire) which is 50 mins to KX.

There is no 'happening' in Lincolnshire, it is primarily rural and populated by fen folk.

We are close to Grantham which is ok for getting most things but, regardless of tonight's result, we will pop across to Nottingham on Saturday (<1hr drive). Leicester and Lincoln also within an hour. As is Peterborough but I only go there for the dentist as I'm too scared to change the practice I've been going to for almost 50 years. Am on only my third actual dentist as an adult, he's young with local ties so should hopefully see me out.

For our rare trips to the Emirates we drive to C*ckfosters and get the tube.

Apart from Stamford most of Lincolnshire would be a downgrade. Seaside-wise the north Norfolk coast is easily accessible.

Stop by when you're passing on the A1
    I have to go to Peterborough fairly regularly for work. It is ****.

Not as bad as Kings Lynn. But still ****

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have to go to Peterborough fairly regularly for work. It is ****.

Not as bad as Kings Lynn. But still ****
    Hmmm - I'm looking for a nice place with good shops and restaurants, friendly people, not too far from London and that is a lot cheaper than Surrey.

Hmmm - I'm looking for a nice place with good shops and restaurants, friendly people, not too far from London and that is a lot cheaper than Surrey.

Wish I'd never left Surrey, need a lottery win to afford to move back now

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Wish I'd never left Surrey, need a lottery win to afford to move back now
    Where were you, PRSB?

Essex

Peterborough has a stunning Norman cathedral. And probably one of the best Travelodges I have ever stayed in

But it is ****ing grim.

Colchester is ok. Dirt cheap, 47 minutes to Liverpool Street. 20 minutes to the sea.