Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: HouseWimb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I understand there used to be a bit of bother with the army lads years ago but they stopped them going out in the piss long before I moved here. There is never any trouble with them.

Castle Park is fine. Same as any other city park after dark- nobody in there but youths drinking and taking drugs. That's what parks are for
    Thats good to know as I've seen some very nice places right next to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Thats good to know as I've seen some very nice places right next to the park.
    They do have a lot of concerts in the park over the summer and they are pretty annoying.

But yeah, that area of town is absolutely fine. I'm not sure I would fancy living that close to town just because of parking and noise.

There are two train stations as well- one in the centre of town and one further out. The further out one is the main line from Norwich to London and is a fair walk from town- about 15-20 minutes. Doesn't bother me as I don't mind a walk but worth thinking about if you are going to be commuting fairly regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They do have a lot of concerts in the park over the summer and they are pretty annoying.

But yeah, that area of town is absolutely fine. I'm not sure I would fancy living that close to town just because of parking and noise.

There are two train stations as well- one in the centre of town and one further out. The further out one is the main line from Norwich to London and is a fair walk from town- about 15-20 minutes. Doesn't bother me as I don't mind a walk but worth thinking about if you are going to be commuting fairly regularly.
    sounds good to me, definitely high on my list

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    sounds good to me, definitely high on my list
    Essex - Manningtree? Nice little town.

You've got the River Stour, almost the sea, and a mainline into Liverpool Street.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”