Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HouseWimb

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    any areas that are instant no go's? I am seeing some 'bargains' but very wary of anything so cheap. well relatively speaking.
    Avoid Greenstead. And there are other pockets that are iffy but you can kind of tell by looking at the housing......

The town itself is fine. I have never had any trouble here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Avoid Greenstead. And there are other pockets that are iffy but you can kind of tell by looking at the housing......

The town itself is fine. I have never had any trouble here at all.
    Note to Pat, Peter lives there

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Note to Pat, Peter lives there
    I was born there! Believe we moved three months later. Recall visits to maternal grandmother, she lived near the station, Mile End Road. And taking her to Clacton where we had donkey rides and Coke with ice-cream in it, happy days!

Have driven past a few times en route to/from Harwich. Perhaps should go visit??!!

any areas that are instant no go's? I am seeing some 'bargains' but very wary of anything so cheap. well relatively speaking.
    It’s a squaddie town. Granted it’s not Croydon, or Jaywick but it has a reputation.
    The castle park’s a no go after dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It’s a squaddie town. Granted it’s not Croydon, or Jaywick but it has a reputation.
    The castle park’s a no go after dusk.
    I understand there used to be a bit of bother with the army lads years ago but they stopped them going out in the piss long before I moved here. There is never any trouble with them.

Castle Park is fine. Same as any other city park after dark- nobody in there but youths drinking and taking drugs. That's what parks are for

I understand there used to be a bit of bother with the army lads years ago but they stopped them going out in the piss long before I moved here. There is never any trouble with them.

Castle Park is fine. Same as any other city park after dark- nobody in there but youths drinking and taking drugs. That's what parks are for
    Thats good to know as I've seen some very nice places right next to the park.

Thats good to know as I've seen some very nice places right next to the park.
    They do have a lot of concerts in the park over the summer and they are pretty annoying.

But yeah, that area of town is absolutely fine. I'm not sure I would fancy living that close to town just because of parking and noise.

There are two train stations as well- one in the centre of town and one further out. The further out one is the main line from Norwich to London and is a fair walk from town- about 15-20 minutes. Doesn't bother me as I don't mind a walk but worth thinking about if you are going to be commuting fairly regularly.

They do have a lot of concerts in the park over the summer and they are pretty annoying.

But yeah, that area of town is absolutely fine. I'm not sure I would fancy living that close to town just because of parking and noise.

There are two train stations as well- one in the centre of town and one further out. The further out one is the main line from Norwich to London and is a fair walk from town- about 15-20 minutes. Doesn't bother me as I don't mind a walk but worth thinking about if you are going to be commuting fairly regularly.
    There’s also quite a nice hospital. in the event you d get clattered

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    There’s also quite a nice hospital. in the event you d get clattered
    When I first moved here the NHS was quite good, compared to London.

It is ****ing hopeless now. I'm lucky, I never get ill. Those that do are pretty ****ed.