Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: For about 5 mins, when Eddie replaced Jesus we had 7-8-9-10-11 in all the right

For about 5 mins, when Eddie replaced Jesus we had 7-8-9-10-11 in all the right

positions from Herbie Chapman's {the real won, not AWIMB's} W-M formation.

Been itching to see that. And while it was Divine to see Gabby's two Titi-esque, ESR did look good in that old skool no.1o {left-8 inn modern parlance} role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    positions from Herbie Chapman's {the real won, not AWIMB's} W-M formation.

Been itching to see that. And while it was Divine to see Gabby's two Titi-esque, ESR did look good in that old skool no.1o {left-8 inn modern parlance} role.
    Love ESR and did look very good. I hope he gets more opportunities. I still think him and Odegaard leaves us short defensively if we play them both. For all the nonsense written about Havertz - who is a very talented footballer, despite what some say - he offers a physicality that we need in some (most) games. If only he could find the target with a header ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Love ESR and did look very good. I hope he gets more opportunities. I still think him and Odegaard leaves us short defensively if we play them both. For all the nonsense written about Havertz - who is a very talented footballer, despite what some say - he offers a physicality that we need in some (most) games. If only he could find the target with a header ...
    A fit ESR {by coming on in the "left 8" position} gives us the option to make the team more attacking if we need a winner - something we've lacked. Leo coming on for Gabby {or vice versa} or Eddie for Jesus doesn't make us more attacking as, say, Skiltord for Freddie did.

I also think having Dec helps. He can drop back into defense better than TP5 could, like Gilberto could do that bit better than Paddy.

Also, if we had Timber at left back, with him and Dec, as opposed to Zinny and Partey, we might be able to get away with both ESR and Ødin as inside forwards. Dec and Timber could be a double DM when attacking and almost a back 5 when defending. Also Ødin could drop deeper. Normally, he plays higher up than Granit/Kai, but could drop deeper if playing with ESR. ESR and Ødin are both bright enough footballers to adapt and learn to make this a success.

Ganpati willing, it could work.

PS - still wanna see a 7-8-9-10-11 front five. Look what it did in the '30s.