Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching the new Clive Owen?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Every time I see Clive Owen I think of Children of Men, which I have viewed about 8 times. When you think of the "'Fugee" disaster going on along with the demographic collapse it was so prescient. Plus I am really admiring of how the various Brits reacted to the crisis which is so different than if it were an American movie. Some gathered "priceless" items, others offed themselves (Quietus, for when the time is right), etc. If it were American there would have been a Bruce Willis type to come in and save the world while Chris Hemsworth would be procreating with every woman he could get his hands on.

Clive portrayed a classic Brit reaction, ignore it and carry on with a melancholy cynicism. Also, Clive is may favorite English name followed closely by Nigel.

Plus, who doesn't enjoy Julianne Moore getting a bullet to the forehead after only about 3 minutes of screentime!!!
    Young Clive is always solid. "Croupier" is another good'un. And the aforementioned EWGL, in which he plays a spurs fan lol.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Young Clive is always solid. "Croupier" is another good'un. And the aforementioned EWGL, in which he plays a spurs fan lol.
    Croupier was an excellent film

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Every time I see Clive Owen I think of Children of Men, which I have viewed about 8 times. When you think of the "'Fugee" disaster going on along with the demographic collapse it was so prescient. Plus I am really admiring of how the various Brits reacted to the crisis which is so different than if it were an American movie. Some gathered "priceless" items, others offed themselves (Quietus, for when the time is right), etc. If it were American there would have been a Bruce Willis type to come in and save the world while Chris Hemsworth would be procreating with every woman he could get his hands on.

Clive portrayed a classic Brit reaction, ignore it and carry on with a melancholy cynicism. Also, Clive is may favorite English name followed closely by Nigel.

Plus, who doesn't enjoy Julianne Moore getting a bullet to the forehead after only about 3 minutes of screentime!!!
    WHAT A FILM. The one take scene near the end was subsequently ripped off countless times after. A true trend setting film.