Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone see us making a January signing ?

Can anyone see us making a January signing ?

All I keep reading is how clubs are running scared of FFP. Our revenues have fallen to an all time low in recent years with a welcome uptick for the current one.
    We’ve blown 100 on Rice alone last window, 65 on that useless stick insect and, in turn, recouped very little.
    I don’t have the actual data but my instincts tell me not to expect much change until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    All I keep reading is how clubs are running scared of FFP. Our revenues have fallen to an all time low in recent years with a welcome uptick for the current one.
    We’ve blown 100 on Rice alone last window, 65 on that useless stick insect and, in turn, recouped very little.
    I don’t have the actual data but my instincts tell me not to expect much change until the summer.
    I dont think we will and am not convinced we need to. Would love to see an extra defender but I can't see us bothering with that at this point.

Can't see it. ESR could be a new signing! Start left midfield at Forest!

Don't forget next summer will start with shelling out £27m for Raya. Though some of that will be recouped with Ramsdale's inevitable departure to a club where he will royally thwart us in seasons to come.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Can't see it. ESR could be a new signing! Start left midfield at Forest!

Don't forget next summer will start with shelling out £27m for Raya. Though some of that will be recouped with Ramsdale's inevitable departure to a club where he will royally thwart us in seasons to come.
    ESR looked very sharp when he came on, I think that MA will rotate him and Havertz.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    ESR looked very sharp when he came on, I think that MA will rotate him and Havertz.
    Could have sworn I saw a video with Timber in training in Dubai

New signing

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Could have sworn I saw a video with Timber in training in Dubai

New signing
    Long time from starting running until actually playing. April at the earliest, imo

Just saw Benzema filling up his car on Hornsey Road Esso. He looked annoyed as Hatem Trabelsi was in front of him taking ages.
    Formaly Texaco

Not sure why these players leave it until just before they arrive at the Emirates to fill up their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont think we will and am not convinced we need to. Would love to see an extra defender but I can't see us bothering with that at this point.
    More players is ALWAYS better than less, Peter.

I do see what you mean though, at this point; there IS something to be said for having a small squad. It's just that, after all we've been through, I do not believe any of us really wants to be caught saying it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Just saw Benzema filling up his car on Hornsey Road Esso. He looked annoyed as Hatem Trabelsi was in front of him taking ages.
    Formaly Texaco

Not sure why these players leave it until just before they arrive at the Emirates to fill up their cars.
    I blame Instagram.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    More players is ALWAYS better than less, Peter.

I do see what you mean though, at this point; there IS something to be said for having a small squad. It's just that, after all we've been through, I do not believe any of us really wants to be caught saying it
    Arteta seems to take a bit of time to trust players and is very reluctant to actually give game time to those he doesn't trust. Trossard came in last January and made an immediate impact but it is unlikely we will find another one of those.

Finding forwards who are better than what we already have is going to be unbelievably difficult and prohibitively expensive.

What we need to do is focus on getting more out of the players we have, particularly Martinelli. The Palace game showed what he is when we actually get him into good positions- he is the best finisher at the club.