Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Havertz is 6ft 4 and would blow away in a strong wind. Henry had balance

Being out in the sunshine is always nice. But I see what you mean; it's not as though it's a lads' jolly in Spain, is it. You know, Benidorm, booze, birds, belly-dancing and biryani.

All the wives are going too, for one thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Not sure what warm weather training will do,
    Ben White tanned more than ever. and they will all be freezing cold when they get back I still am and been back a while
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

6ft 1 is only gangly if a chap weighs in at 12 stone. You know this..

Like Chelsea, I guess, we want the version of him that played in Germany. The one even Matheus said could win the balon d'Or one day.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Havertz is 6ft 4 and would blow away in a strong wind. Henry had balance
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

That's Thomas Muller, I reckon.
    A lanky streak of piss, we would call him. Perhaps not QUITE tall enough for that.

6ft 1 is only gangly if a chap weighs in at 12 stone. You know this..

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's Thomas Muller, I reckon.
    A lanky streak of piss, we would call him. Perhaps not QUITE tall enough for that.
    To add. Harland and Zlatan are around the 6’4 mark but both could run through a submarine door.
    Neither tick the gangly box. Crouch on the other hand 🤔

Like Chelsea, I guess, we want the version of him that played in Germany. The one even Matheus said could win the balon d'Or one day.
    There’s an overall familiarity breeds contempt vibe for me. It’s unreasonable of course even his brighter moments are clouded as it went in off his knee or ankle or neck.
    The worm turned for me with that feeble, misdirected header at the weekend I’m afraid. He met the cross with his chin in his chest and thereafter he was dead to me. That and the ridiculous celebrations with the hands flapping at his ears and the tongue.
    If he were a horse, and there is a resemblance, I’d have ordered the blanket and rifle I’m afraid.

The worm turned for me with that feeble, misdirected header at the weekend I’m afraid. He met the cross with his chin in his chest and thereafter he was dead to me.
    Aye, the one 5 mins before half-time?

Eyes closed too, probably. A piss-poor effort.

Despite that, I don't think he played too badly
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Being out in the sunshine is always nice. But I see what you mean; it's not as though it's a lads' jolly in Spain, is it. You know, Benidorm, booze, birds, belly-dancing and biryani.

All the wives are going too, for one thing
    A few days out on the sauce might do them some good. This trip sounds ****ing dull

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Aye, the one 5 mins before half-time?

Eyes closed too, probably. A piss-poor effort.

Despite that, I don't think he played too badly
    He really didn't play badly. We've seen him playing badly and it doesnt look like that