Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m still struggling to think of any world class side in history where a gangly string bean strongly featured, outside of central defence.
    They’re not built for it. They lack mobility and it takes an age for their brains to trigger signals to their feet, see ?
    You want lots of 5ft 10 mesomorphs. That’s just the way of things
    As half our goals come from set pieces we kind of need a bit of height at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Quinny could play once he had grown up a bit.

Henry was 6 ft 2. He could play a bit
    I was going to include him, but Sir C would point out that he was an athlete not a footballer. Look at him being an athlete here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_re9m2ATso

Pires was also 6ft 1 - the gangling neanderthal

As half our goals come from set pieces we kind of need a bit of height at the moment.
    Kiwior know where the goal is

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was going to include him, but Sir C would point out that he was an athlete not a footballer. Look at him being an athlete here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_re9m2ATso

Pires was also 6ft 1 - the gangling neanderthal
    If Henry hadn't been such a good footballer he would have scored more goals.

That's one for red to unpick

good shout, p

Agreed. Even Ian Wright was a #8. There's so much narrow thinking everywhere. Very sad.

World class goalscorers are all very well for those who can afford them, financially and tactically.

Number 9s, well that is a different question. For some time now the world's best goalscorers have made their living as inside forwards. Liverpool's still does.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Thomas Muller? He's a decent size.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Robert Prosinečki and Zvonomir Boban - both 6ft. Also Niall Quinn - ok, I'll stop now
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Agreed. Even Ian Wright was a #8. There's so much narrow thinking everywhere. Very sad.
    Goals from wide areas indicate narrow thinking?

I'd also remind you that it takes longer to do things quickly.

Goals from wide areas indicate narrow thinking?

I'd also remind you that it takes longer to do things quickly.
    ooh I like this, By having no money I am a rich man.

That's quite right. Alan Smith and Dennis and Robert Pires too.

Which just goes to show you; whilst almost all footballers can play football; very few footballers can score over 300 goals.