Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The irony is that Havertz was bought with the idea of getting more goals from midfield, I think

And yes, we've just gone through a bad patch in front of goal, these things happen. We have too much talent going forward to not score goals and then all of this will be forgotten.

Meanwhile, three bad results and the usual characters are losing their sh1t on here and dragging out the cliches they so desperately want to be true so that they can be proven to be 'correct'.

I'd be far more worried about losing Saliba for an extended period of time than a run of games where we created loads but didn't take our chances.
    Hmmmm.... mainly agree, although if this prompts Arteta to spend some time considering our tactical balance, it will have been worthwhile.

In January, buggering off for a couple of weeks in the sunshine? Always a good idea. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Probably very good timing for this. Reset and go again.

Not sure about Onana from Everton....is that what we need?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Probably very good timing for this. Reset and go again.

Not sure about Onana from Everton....is that what we need?
    it's good timing for the current players and mangement but overall probably bad timing for the club

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The irony is that Havertz was bought with the idea of getting more goals from midfield, I think

And yes, we've just gone through a bad patch in front of goal, these things happen. We have too much talent going forward to not score goals and then all of this will be forgotten.

Meanwhile, three bad results and the usual characters are losing their sh1t on here and dragging out the cliches they so desperately want to be true so that they can be proven to be 'correct'.

I'd be far more worried about losing Saliba for an extended period of time than a run of games where we created loads but didn't take our chances.
    I’m still struggling to think of any world class side in history where a gangly string bean strongly featured, outside of central defence.
    They’re not built for it. They lack mobility and it takes an age for their brains to trigger signals to their feet, see ?
    You want lots of 5ft 10 mesomorphs. That’s just the way of things

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m still struggling to think of any world class side in history where a gangly string bean strongly featured, outside of central defence.
    They’re not built for it. They lack mobility and it takes an age for their brains to trigger signals to their feet, see ?
    :cough: Patrick Vieira :cough:

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Zidane 6ft1 and Steffan Effenberg 6ft 2 might disagree

Berbatov, Zlatan - also fairly useful and 6ft plus. Dennis was 6ft. Kanu 6ft 4 Were the invincible world-class? Yaya Toure 6ft 2

(I did get the irony in the original post, btw, but made me think of which players have "quick/good feet for a big man")

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Zidane 6ft1 and Steffan Effenberg 6ft 2 might disagree

Berbatov, Zlatan - also fairly useful and 6ft plus. Dennis was 6ft. Kanu 6ft 4 Were the invincible world-class? Yaya Toure 6ft 2

(I did get the irony in the original post, btw, but made me think of which players have "quick/good feet for a big man")
    Robert Prosinečki and Zvonomir Boban - both 6ft. Also Niall Quinn - ok, I'll stop now

Robert Prosinečki and Zvonomir Boban - both 6ft. Also Niall Quinn - ok, I'll stop now
    Quinny could play once he had grown up a bit.

Henry was 6 ft 2. He could play a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Quinny could play once he had grown up a bit.

Henry was 6 ft 2. He could play a bit
    I was going to include him, but Sir C would point out that he was an athlete not a footballer. Look at him being an athlete here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_re9m2ATso

Pires was also 6ft 1 - the gangling neanderthal

Thomas Muller? He's a decent size.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."