Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appreciate the dedication that Elneny has applied the the bench/treatment table over

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Very good. That's true for supporters perhaps, but not for clubs and managers.

And as for the players; they've done the hard work, dealt with all the pressure and the hard games and now they can just relax and enjoy it. Get an easy win maybe, some cheap points and cheap goals and people suddenly want them rested! That simply doesn't happen at any level in any sport.

I gather nowadays, the young people call it "stat-padding", a most insulting, derogatory term, in my view. As though Gerd Muller scored all of his thousand goals against Real Madrid, Barcelona and Brazil.

Your best players demand to play EVERY game, ESPECIALLY the easy ones with no stress. Sod the stiffs and the kids. Their time will come, if they're any good.
    Saka looked pretty pissed off on the bench.

Well, quite. And Eddie even scored his very first Champions League goal. A big night for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Saka looked pretty pissed off on the bench.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well, quite. And Eddie even scored his very first Champions League goal. A big night for him.
    Interesting that Pep saw fit to throw on the kids in a similar situation in tonight’s CL dead rubber.
    Both rewarded his decision with a goal a piece.
    Just sayin

Fair point. Can't really explain that one, except to say that their game was, on paper, at least, easier than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Interesting that Pep saw fit to throw on the kids in a similar situation in tonight’s CL dead rubber.
    Both rewarded his decision with a goal a piece.
    Just sayin
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Fair point. Can't really explain that one, except to say that their game was, on paper, at least, easier than ours.
    Actually, I think I can explain it. The kids he fielded were forwards. He went with three first team(ish) defenders and two senior midfielders.

Our young lads would have been playing at full back. Arteta doesn't like gambling at the back.

True. Mikel is a good man.

Also PSV are in decent form at home. Take the piss in THAT game and they could've battered us.

Manchester city's opponents, on the other hand; FC Whereverthe****, Wifipassword Wanderers, are thoroughgoing rubbish this term in the CL. Total filth. Pep is basically a coward for not playing even MORE kids.

Actually, I think I can explain it. The kids he fielded were forwards. He went with three first team(ish) defenders and two senior midfielders.

Our young lads would have been playing at full back. Arteta doesn't like gambling at the back.

True. Mikel is a good man.

Also PSV are in decent form at home. Take the piss in THAT game and they could've battered us.

Manchester city's opponents, on the other hand; FC Whereverthe****, Wifipassword Wanderers, are thoroughgoing rubbish this term in the CL. Total filth. Pep is basically a coward for not playing even MORE kids.
    But it is the champions league. They want to play

Yeah, I didn't want to say it out loud, so to speak, but perhaps the fact that they've just won the thing factors into it; more flexibility. Basically they can do what they want.

But it is the champions league. They want to play

Yeah, I didn't want to say it out loud, so to speak, but perhaps the fact that they've just won the thing factors into it; more flexibility. Basically they can do what they want.
    The novelty is wearing off?

Sooner or later, everyone realises that the Champions League is a bit of a **** competition. And by the looks of the new format, it is about to get even worse.

Still, there's a few quid involved