Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope Josh isn't watching Turkish football

Hope Josh isn't watching Turkish football

Would hate for him to punch Mike Riley. Oh, wait - sorry I, he isn't there any more. I meant Howard Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would hate for him to punch Mike Riley. Oh, wait - sorry I, he isn't there any more. I meant Howard Webb
    It is a real moral dilemma. 20 years ago, punching Mike Riley and putting him out of action for a few weeks would have brought the game into disrepute but would have simultaneously raised the standards of officiating.

What is the responsible course of action?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is a real moral dilemma. 20 years ago, punching Mike Riley and putting him out of action for a few weeks would have brought the game into disrepute but would have simultaneously raised the standards of officiating.

What is the responsible course of action?
    FFS Lads! That's twice you've mentioned that name in this thread and unless I'm mistaken IUFG has not left the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    FFS Lads! That's twice you've mentioned that name in this thread and unless I'm mistaken IUFG has not left the planet.
    Fair point. I would like to remove the reference from my post and replace it with Phil Dowd.

*** MIKE RILEY KLAXON ***

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Fair point. I would like to remove the reference from my post and replace it with Phil Dowd.
    Phil Dowd was a big lad, p. Not fast but a big lad

A ****housery attack .. No excuses and all that.. But perhaps a warning that FIFA and those who keep changing the rules every five minutes to perhaps stop farking around.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    A ****housery attack .. No excuses and all that.. But perhaps a warning that FIFA and those who keep changing the rules every five minutes to perhaps stop farking around.
    Well, there is the broader point. How can anyone, within or without the game, have an ounce of respect for the governing bodies. UEFA and FIFA have proved themselves to be corrupt to the core.

Well, there is the broader point. How can anyone, within or without the game, have an ounce of respect for the governing bodies. UEFA and FIFA have proved themselves to be corrupt to the core.
    Indeed. But ruling a ball in when 90% of it is over the line, allowing games to drift on for 100 mins plus and the inconsistencies of Var just provoke the worst behaviour in those with short fuses.
    You want to protect referees (except Riley obvs) then stop throwing them to the wolves..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed. But ruling a ball in when 90% of it is over the line, allowing games to drift on for 100 mins plus and the inconsistencies of Var just provoke the worst behaviour in those with short fuses.
    You want to protect referees (except Riley obvs) then stop throwing them to the wolves..
    Completely agree. Tampering with handball until it is literally one rule for one.

And they rule a ball in when 99.9% of it is over the line. 90% wouldn't even get a review