Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You know what's happening on Saturday, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    This keeper mess lays squarely at the feet of Arteta. He saw something he liked in Raya but overlooked the pressure in playing in front of 60k for a top 4 club. He also underestimated the loyalty to Ramsdale who played a huge part in last seasons success.
    It was a stupid move in my book. We had other priorities and hooking Ramsdale without the requisite string of poor performances, was ill conceived.
    We now have two keepers who are a bundle of nerves every time they take the field.
    There’s a fag paper between them in terms of ability where their ought to be an obvious step up in class with Raya.
    Overall I agree there is little difference in quality, but they have different strengths. Raya is much better at coming for crosses (bar the other night!), he has better hands and he is more comfortable on the ball. Ramsdale is bigger, cockier, his reflexes are better and I have a feeling that he reads the path of the ball better, explaining some of his more spectacular saves.

If Arteta wants a guy who is good on the ball and stronger on catching crosses, Raya is the better bet.

I do agree though, he has created a problem that wasn't there before. Long term, I am hoping it makes us better but in the hsort term it is a big problem.

This is what you get with an inexperienced manager. We all acknowledge that players improve but we rarely have the same conversation about managers. He is very inexperienced and we have seen almost a surplus of ideas and initiatives. This season he changed too much too soon, as seen with the ridiculous Partey experiment alongside a brand new midfield. Bad idea!

But you also get the creativity- look at our work with throw ins this season. We have caught teams out at least three times with weird runs from throws.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Certainly the dressing room was a ****show at that time. Auba and Ozil hoovering the life out of it. Emery didn't deal with either of them.

Villa finished 17th that season and made us look as bad as they were.
    We only finished 8th. Behind Wolves.

As good as Emery might be. We didn't see it.
    We definitely didn't see it. I couldn't work out what his team was about when he was with us but having watched him since his sides have a very clear identity. I just think he didn't have what he needed with us and the power struggles going on above him meant he couldn't ask for it. By the end he had totally lost the dressing room. It was pretty sad.

If he had had Edu with him, who knows.

Either way, it meant we got Arteta

Seconded, 100% agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Overall I agree there is little difference in quality, but they have different strengths. Raya is much better at coming for crosses (bar the other night!), he has better hands and he is more comfortable on the ball. Ramsdale is bigger, cockier, his reflexes are better and I have a feeling that he reads the path of the ball better, explaining some of his more spectacular saves.

If Arteta wants a guy who is good on the ball and stronger on catching crosses, Raya is the better bet.

I do agree though, he has created a problem that wasn't there before. Long term, I am hoping it makes us better but in the hsort term it is a big problem.

This is what you get with an inexperienced manager. We all acknowledge that players improve but we rarely have the same conversation about managers. He is very inexperienced and we have seen almost a surplus of ideas and initiatives. This season he changed too much too soon, as seen with the ridiculous Partey experiment alongside a brand new midfield. Bad idea!

But you also get the creativity- look at our work with throw ins this season. We have caught teams out at least three times with weird runs from throws.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

we survive the first 15 minutes of inevitable onslaught from them...we'll be fine

I'd take a point now, mind.
    Didn't survive the first 15 minutes. FFS....
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

No, we did not. Good call. Still should've battered them though. #goals

Didn't survive the first 15 minutes. FFS....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Martinez' revenge, that's what's happening.

It will truly be a 'good ebening' for a certain vampirical-looking dude
    I must be Mystic ****ing Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I must be Mystic ****ing Meg
    And a dreadful set of results for us this weekend.

****!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

And a dreadful set of results for us this weekend.

****!
    I know it was Spurs, but seeing Newcastle get another spanking was still kind of nice