Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: You know what's happening on Saturday, don't you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If I recall correctly, he went through a pretty rough period at Villa last year, or maybe the year before. Howlers all over the place.

Wasn't particularly convincing in the WC as well, I think.

Keepers, eh
    He's a very good keeper but has his dodgy periods - thrown a couple in the net this season as well. Let's hope for a poor performance from him on Saturday. Is ridiculous the number of ex-keepers we have around - Martinez, Fabianski, Turner, Leno in the Premiership, Szczesny in Italy. Fairly sure Mart Poom will turn up at Luton before the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's a very good keeper but has his dodgy periods - thrown a couple in the net this season as well. Let's hope for a poor performance from him on Saturday. Is ridiculous the number of ex-keepers we have around - Martinez, Fabianski, Turner, Leno in the Premiership, Szczesny in Italy. Fairly sure Mart Poom will turn up at Luton before the end of the season
    He is a very good keeper but he isn't too hot with his feet and he has far too much to say for and about himself for Arteta's liking. I suspect the 'values' were an issue in him staying with us.

Despite current form, I would think Raya is the slightly better keeper. Both have exceptional handling, Raya is better with his feet. Martinez is more aggressive and full of himself (in a positive sense).

Villa and Anfield are going to be incredibly difficult games.