Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I choose to believe Tomiyasu meant that pass...

I choose to believe Tomiyasu meant that pass...

Absolutely sensational stuff.

Absolument! Was gonna say he put it in the mixer but no; he picked his captain out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Oh, you mean the OTHER one

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, you mean the OTHER one
    50/50, I think he meant to put it over that way but not quite as accurately as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    50/50, I think he meant to put it over that way but not quite as accurately as he did.
    I think he was putting his boot through it.

He's great. We forget how chuffed we were in his first season. Best RB since Sagna. And his injury cost us top 4. But like last year.

I feel for KT cos we loved him at first - an AW style LB.

But having Tommy, Jakob and Timber as the cover for the back 4 with inverted FB options on both sides will be great next season. Tommy's learned to play inverted LB, so could do that on the right with Kiwior as LCH.

In some ways, Timber's injury may be really good for him. He'll have all year to prove what he can do and then we'll be able to swap around as we need.

Tommy looks a bargain at that price and age.

If Timber's as good as he looked at first glance and Kiwior keeps improving, we won't have to touch the defence for 5 years. 7 players who can cover all the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He's great. We forget how chuffed we were in his first season. Best RB since Sagna. And his injury cost us top 4. But like last year.

I feel for KT cos we loved him at first - an AW style LB.

But having Tommy, Jakob and Timber as the cover for the back 4 with inverted FB options on both sides will be great next season. Tommy's learned to play inverted LB, so could do that on the right with Kiwior as LCH.

In some ways, Timber's injury may be really good for him. He'll have all year to prove what he can do and then we'll be able to swap around as we need.

Tommy looks a bargain at that price and age.

If Timber's as good as he looked at first glance and Kiwior keeps improving, we won't have to touch the defence for 5 years. 7 players who can cover all the options.
    Good, young players don’t tend to stick around if they’re always on the bench though. Ideally you need a mix of youths and maturity in those back up positions.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Good, young players don’t tend to stick around if they’re always on the bench though. Ideally you need a mix of youths and maturity in those back up positions.
    Given our injuries and the fact that MA will ruthlessly pick the best players, I reckon Tommy will stay and fight for his place now. He's a bit like Leo - good enough to start so will get enough of a chance. If he can start or come off the bench in 2/3+ of our games, that should keep him happy. Look what Skiltord achieved with us despite never being first choice.

And he may become a starter for certain games with everyone fit. If we need to keep it tight away at City, for example, start with him and Dec at left-8, and then have the option to bring on Zinny and Kai/ESR/Fab.

Timber's out all year and KT has gone, so he's first choice reserve for any of the back 4 except LCH.