Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Havertz really is utter shyte. How did we blow 60m on that useless streak of pi55 ?

How do the players really feel about this sort of thing? Surely THEY know when the game is up?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As soon as the 3rd went in I wanted Rice off.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

On a hiding to nothing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    At least Nketiah has discovered his level. £30m to Leeds or Ipswich in the summer ?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    On a hiding to nothing last night.
    West Ham did seem to think it was a cup final. Bet they drop points at the weekend.

I am also surprised that no one is mentioning quite how absolutely ****ing gash the ref was. Rotational fouling all match, Alvarez made at least 4 fouls without ref even having a word and blatant foul for their 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    How do the players really feel about this sort of thing? Surely THEY know when the game is up?
    I wasn't remotely interested in the result but was pretty bloody unhappy about him bringing on Saka and the Martins when it was bloody obvious the game was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Talking of left backs, inverted or otherwise, Zinchenko is a complete liability.

Havertz reminds me a bit of Bendtner, tries hard, does a lot of the right things but severely lacking in end product. The main difference is that we knew that about Havertz before spunking £67.5m. James Maddison cost Spurs £40m.

Ramsdale incredibly unlucky last night.

Can't believe Mikey risked Saka and Martinelli when the game was already lost.
    I do hope Zinchenko doesn't play at Newcastle.

Havertz is still in a phase where he doesn't really do anything. Takes up rather innocuous positions, receives the ball and shovels it straight back. I think it will be a while before we see the best of him, and even that might not be that great. Not at all convinced he is right for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I do hope Zinchenko doesn't play at Newcastle.

Havertz is still in a phase where he doesn't really do anything. Takes up rather innocuous positions, receives the ball and shovels it straight back. I think it will be a while before we see the best of him, and even that might not be that great. Not at all convinced he is right for the role.
    And why are we wet nursing a player valued at 67m ? Appreciate he doesn’t set the transfer fee but 67mil ?? He should be close to the finished article at his age and that fee. Shocking signing so far..

And why are we wet nursing a player valued at 67m ? Appreciate he doesn’t set the transfer fee but 67mil ?? He should be close to the finished article at his age and that fee. Shocking signing so far..
    We are asking him to do something different in a team that is set up a certain way and very precisely coached. It isn't easy.

That said, you would like to think he will start producing something fairly soon. As far as wet nursing is concerned, if he has grown into the role in 3 months time then none of this will matter.

I wouldn't have bought him, but then I don't really know what I am talking about. Arteta has made me look very stupid several times in recent years so I am going to trust him on this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We are asking him to do something different in a team that is set up a certain way and very precisely coached. It isn't easy.

That said, you would like to think he will start producing something fairly soon. As far as wet nursing is concerned, if he has grown into the role in 3 months time then none of this will matter.

I wouldn't have bought him, but then I don't really know what I am talking about. Arteta has made me look very stupid several times in recent years so I am going to trust him on this one.....
    Not saying much but I thought he was one of our best players in the 1st half.....2nd half, anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not saying much but I thought he was one of our best players in the 1st half.....2nd half, anonymous.
    The one thing Arteta and the fans need at this stage is a trophy in order to keep building momentum. To go without silverware for another season with this assembled array of talent at their prime will invite more criticism and cries of bottlers.
    City were out of this competition, which left a reasonable open road to Wembley. Pep has won the beer cup on numerous occasions and I’m confident that both Klopp & Howe will look to grab the opportunity.
    I don’t know if we win anything else this season. We look to be slightly better placed than the last one, and while none of us are massively disappointed, last night punctuated our reliance on the first choice 11 and a decent opportunity lost.

last night punctuated our reliance on the first choice 11 and a decent opportunity lost.
    Um, 7s, you are aware that in our previous match our second choice no. 9 scored a hat trick and a superb hat trick at that?

We clearly have more depth this year than last. Last night was not a tweak of our first 11, it was a wholesale change (arguably only White and Gabriel are in the first 11) and we paid the price for it.