Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Warnock doing the old

Stephen Warnock doing the old

say you didn't watch the game without saying you didn't watch the game.

Apparently Sheff Utd didn't turn up and it was a training session. 1st half was hard work, until we scored and then we took control but certainly wasn't a stroll until 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    say you didn't watch the game without saying you didn't watch the game.

Apparently Sheff Utd didn't turn up and it was a training session. 1st half was hard work, until we scored and then we took control but certainly wasn't a stroll until 3-0.
    Actually.... I didn't think we played all that well in the creative sense

What we did do is play with almost total control of the game and didn't give them a sniff. I like this. The fluency will come as the team settles and gets used to coping with some rotation each week.

Great to see Arteta trust Smith Rowe with the central role, and Kiwior at centre back.

Declan Rice is making a huge difference every week. Beginning to look a bit of a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Actually.... I didn't think we played all that well in the creative sense

What we did do is play with almost total control of the game and didn't give them a sniff. I like this. The fluency will come as the team settles and gets used to coping with some rotation each week.

Great to see Arteta trust Smith Rowe with the central role, and Kiwior at centre back.

Declan Rice is making a huge difference every week. Beginning to look a bit of a bargain
    Rice is just getting better and better, absolute bargain at £105m.

Raya will also have been delighted with that match. Nothing difficult to do, all very regulation.

Best pair of keepers at any club? Only Madrid might be comparable, off the top of my head.

Rice is just getting better and better, absolute bargain at £105m.

Raya will also have been delighted with that match. Nothing difficult to do, all very regulation.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Best pair of keepers at any club? Only Madrid might be comparable, off the top of my head.
    On the subject of keepers, I don't understand how De Gea hasn't got a club. He's a great keeper, perhaps not the best with his feet but surely an improvement on most club's keepers (and I include United in that).

Agreed, very odd. Last I heard, he was back in Spain training with someone (A. Madrid?) while waiting for a deal somewhere. Bayern were sniffing, I think, but nothing came of it.

Keepers' feet seem to be very important to the top teams just now. And though the majority of OTHER clubs don't care about that and would happily have him, they simply cannot afford him.

On the subject of keepers, I don't understand how De Gea hasn't got a club. He's a great keeper, perhaps not the best with his feet but surely an improvement on most club's keepers (and I include United in that).
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Agreed, very odd. Last I heard, he was back in Spain training with someone (A. Madrid?) while waiting for a deal somewhere. Bayern were sniffing, I think, but nothing came of it.

Keepers' feet seem to be very important to the top teams just now. And though the majority of OTHER clubs don't care about that and would happily have him, they simply cannot afford him.
    Odd Bayern didn't go in and went with Ullrich for the first couple of months of the season. Neuer is back now but remains to be seen if he is still fit/good enough for a club like Bayern. Won't be too many 8-0s (I hope)

Basically chose to spend the best years of his career being Neuer's deputy? I remember it was big news (in Germany), at the time.

Ridiculous league.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Odd Bayern didn't go in and went with Ullrich for the first couple of months of the season. Neuer is back now but remains to be seen if he is still fit/good enough for a club like Bayern. Won't be too many 8-0s (I hope)

That is probably it. The ones who can afford him don't want him.

You have to laugh at United. They throw him out and bring in a keeper who can play a bit and then up having to face City with Harry Maguire and Johnny Evans at centre back

They need the complete rebuild that Arteta had to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That is probably it. The ones who can afford him don't want him.

You have to laugh at United. They throw him out and bring in a keeper who can play a bit and then up having to face City with Harry Maguire and Johnny Evans at centre back

They need the complete rebuild that Arteta had to do with us.
    I did rather marvel at the novel approach of leaving Haaland completely unmarked at all times. He could and should have had at least 5!