Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor old Sandro.

Poor old Sandro.

Who knew betting, boozing and birding was a mental illness.

We must all pray for this brave young survivor.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Who knew betting, boozing and birding was a mental illness.

We must all pray for this brave young survivor.
    Nothing wrong with drinking and chasing women. Sign of healthy appetites

The punting is a bit of a concern. Never ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nothing wrong with drinking and chasing women. Sign of healthy appetites

The punting is a bit of a concern. Never ends well.
    Was called the weekend in my day.

Must admit, I've never got the whole gambling thing, couple of pounds in a fruit machine but that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Was called the weekend in my day.

Must admit, I've never got the whole gambling thing, couple of pounds in a fruit machine but that was about it.
    Genetic thing, I think. I have friends who no matter how small the win, get a thrill from it. And no matter how big the loss, they shrug it off.

I'm exactly the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Genetic thing, I think. I have friends who no matter how small the win, get a thrill from it. And no matter how big the loss, they shrug it off.

I'm exactly the opposite
    Even in Vegas on Honeymoon, I think the wife and I spent $100 in total across 3 days on gambling and then on the way out she put $10 in a slot machine and won $300 wd the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I'm exactly the opposite
    Same here. I hate losing money.

Love spending it

Even in Vegas on Honeymoon, I think the wife and I spent $100 in total across 3 days on gambling and then on the way out she put $10 in a slot machine and won $300 wd the wife.
    Vegas requires a bit of discipline. I only sat down at a table with an amount in my pocket that I was willing to lose.

Got drunk at the table on the last night and blew $200 but sod it.... couldn't be arsed with taking it home and changing it back

Vegas requires a bit of discipline. I only sat down at a table with an amount in my pocket that I was willing to lose.

Got drunk at the table on the last night and blew $200 but sod it.... couldn't be arsed with taking it home and changing it back
    We did Vegas at the start so was a) jet lagged to hell and b) conscious not to blow the 2 week spends in 3 days. I had set a budget of $100 a night gambling money but the 1st 2 days were virtually a write off.

We did Vegas at the start so was a) jet lagged to hell and b) conscious not to blow the 2 week spends in 3 days. I had set a budget of $100 a night gambling money but the 1st 2 days were virtually a write off.
    When was this?

I only realised recently that the last time I went to Vegas was almost 20 years ago! Apparently it is far less fun that it used to be. Tables are tighter, buffets cost about 5 times what they used to and the seediness has gone a little bit with heavier security everywhere.

When was this?

I only realised recently that the last time I went to Vegas was almost 20 years ago! Apparently it is far less fun that it used to be. Tables are tighter, buffets cost about 5 times what they used to and the seediness has gone a little bit with heavier security everywhere.
    This was just over 12 years ago. I must admit I wasn't particularly enamoured with the place, certainly never been in a rush to go back. Bellagio was nice and the $40 buffet was something else.