Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You have to ask the question why we went in so heavily for Mudryk ?

To be fair, he would've probably fit in to our SQUAD very well; you can't have too many tricky wingers about the place.

And you know how it is when you're apparently flush

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    What was behind Arteta’s thinking. He’s a good young player who’ll no doubt improve further but Martinelli has far more in his locker at this point, unless MA intended to switch him to the middle (unlikely).
    You’d have two young £90m players battling it out for the left wing ?
    Trossard was clearly the better option, given his relatively low cost and adaptability.
    I’m probably missing something, as usual, but the more I see of Mudryk, the more confusing the decision process becomes, against the greater need for a midfield replacement for Partey & Jorg.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And I'm not sure I buy the 'Raya was out of position' view. He was off his line because he was going to be aggressive coming for the cross, something that has been pointed out as being a strength of his as compared to Ramsdale.

You can't have it both ways.
    Being aggressive in your positioning is fine. He just got it a bit wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    What was behind Arteta’s thinking. He’s a good young player who’ll no doubt improve further but Martinelli has far more in his locker at this point, unless MA intended to switch him to the middle (unlikely).
    You’d have two young £90m players battling it out for the left wing ?
    Trossard was clearly the better option, given his relatively low cost and adaptability.
    I’m probably missing something, as usual, but the more I see of Mudryk, the more confusing the decision process becomes, against the greater need for a midfield replacement for Partey & Jorg.
    The other thing is the position we were in in January. Genuinely short of cover and in need of someone who could contribute to a title push straight way. In this sense, Trossard was a perfect signing who could have been designed to slot straight into this side.

Arteta perhaps got a bit lucky missing out on Mudryk.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    To be fair, he would've probably fit in to our SQUAD very well; you can't have too many tricky wingers about the place.

And you know how it is when you're apparently flush
    I thought it was SQUARD round these parts. :modd:

Yes, sorry. The whole world is at sixes and sevens

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I thought it was SQUARD round these parts. :modd:
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    From one replay/angle I saw, he gives Dave the eyes.
    Nah, there's one behind the goal and he only ever looks across the pitch for who's in the middle.

I also don't believe he's good enough to have done it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Nah, there's one behind the goal and he only ever looks across the pitch for who's in the middle.

I also don't believe he's good enough to have done it on purpose.
    reminded me of a goal scored by Gronkjaer years ago which was a cross. Not sure if he gave anyone the eyes as he always seemed a boss eyed