Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to ask the question why we went in so heavily for Mudryk ?

You have to ask the question why we went in so heavily for Mudryk ?

What was behind Arteta’s thinking. He’s a good young player who’ll no doubt improve further but Martinelli has far more in his locker at this point, unless MA intended to switch him to the middle (unlikely).
    You’d have two young £90m players battling it out for the left wing ?
    Trossard was clearly the better option, given his relatively low cost and adaptability.
    I’m probably missing something, as usual, but the more I see of Mudryk, the more confusing the decision process becomes, against the greater need for a midfield replacement for Partey & Jorg.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    What was behind Arteta’s thinking. He’s a good young player who’ll no doubt improve further but Martinelli has far more in his locker at this point, unless MA intended to switch him to the middle (unlikely).
    Trossard was clearly the better option, given his relatively low cost and adaptability.
    I’m probably missing something, as usual, but the more I see of Mudryk, the more confusing the decision process becomes, against the greater need for a midfield replacement for Partey & Jorg.
    ****ing idiot commentator, saying he meant that goal. Complete slice. At least Lineker and Shearer both chuckled and said it was complete mi****, he never even looked at the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    ****ing idiot commentator, saying he meant that goal. Complete slice. At least Lineker and Shearer both chuckled and said it was complete mi****, he never even looked at the goal.
    And I'm not sure I buy the 'Raya was out of position' view. He was off his line because he was going to be aggressive coming for the cross, something that has been pointed out as being a strength of his as compared to Ramsdale.

You can't have it both ways.

I suppose it could be spun that under the great Arteta Mudryk could become a different player.

Mr Arteta is very stubborn sometimes and I think it's going to cost him in the long run. This season he's been lucky so far we are unbeaten.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And I'm not sure I buy the 'Raya was out of position' view. He was off his line because he was going to be aggressive coming for the cross, something that has been pointed out as being a strength of his as compared to Ramsdale.

You can't have it both ways.
    Sorry but he was out of position, 3-4 yards too far forward and had no need to be.

Sorry but he was out of position, 3-4 yards too far forward and had no need to be.
    Yeah looking at it again, distance from the goal line was fine but he was just past the near post with no threat from that area. if he’s more towards the middle of the goal he would have tipped it over fairly easily

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I suppose it could be spun that under the great Arteta Mudryk could become a different player.

Mr Arteta is very stubborn sometimes and I think it's going to cost him in the long run. This season he's been lucky so far we are unbeaten.
    There’s a part of me that agree’s with that, although I’m still largely on the fence. It’s a big year and it’s a bugger that Timber was crocked, as I believe he was a big part in Arteta’s evolving puzzle.
    The league’s becoming more competitive and harder to win but I’d certainly settle for one of the cups and a top 4 finish. #wenger.

Maybe you didn’t see the two goals he scored against a team from the Scottish league.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah looking at it again, distance from the goal line was fine but he was just past the near post with no threat from that area. if he’s more towards the middle of the goal he would have tipped it over fairly easily
    Exactly that

From one replay/angle I saw, he gives Dave the eyes.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."