Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ramsdale has to come back in now

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The pitch was abysmal, completely ****ed our passing game, as the ball just didn't roll. Grass looked long and so much rain. Yes, it's the same for both teams but certainly suited Chelsea more.
    Certainly Didn't suit Zinchenko who managed to give the ball away in our own box in the first 2 minutes...

He needs to recalibrate his calculations of risk and reward.

Not sure. I reckon the manager simply PREFERS young Dave, fancies him more.

It's like the man said about birds; if there's two you ought to stick with the second one because if the first one had been right, you wouldn't have wanted to find the second one.

In fairness though, Rambo only really needs to start to think about things if we actually BUY Raya; at the moment, AR is the confirmed long term project/investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    At this point, it is purely about form.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not sure. I reckon the manager simply PREFERS young Dave, fancies him more.

It's like the man said about birds; if there's two you ought to stick with the second one because if the first one had been right, you wouldn't have wanted to find the second one.

In fairness though, Rambo only really needs to start to think about things if we actually BUY Raya; at the moment, AR is the confirmed long term project/investment.
    Of course he prefers Raya. That doesn't change the fact that at present he is a mess. From this point onwards, every mistake he makes is Arteta's fault.

The whole two keepers argument is looking like a **** idea at this point. Sometimes there is a reason why nobody has ever bothered trying something.

Of course he prefers Raya. That doesn't change the fact that at present he is a mess. From this point onwards, every mistake he makes is Arteta's fault.

The whole two keepers argument is looking like a **** idea at this point. Sometimes there is a reason why nobody has ever bothered trying something.
    You are overstating the degree of his messness and forgetting that Ramsdale was hardly the second coming of Buffon when he was playing. Raya was very good his first few games, some errors have crept in since then, admittedly. What Raya needs now is the support of the manager and the supporters and a run of a few good performances and some clean sheets.

Arteta isn't changing this any time soon. I also read some writer in the Tele recently saying that the 'data' shows that Raya is still performing better than Ramsdale was. No idea what the data is but that's good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You are overstating the degree of his messness and forgetting that Ramsdale was hardly the second coming of Buffon when he was playing. Raya was very good his first few games, some errors have crept in since then, admittedly. What Raya needs now is the support of the manager and the supporters and a run of a few good performances and some clean sheets.

Arteta isn't changing this any time soon. I also read some writer in the Tele recently saying that the 'data' shows that Raya is still performing better than Ramsdale was. No idea what the data is but that's good enough for me
    Added to that, Arteta would look pretty silly by recalling Ramsdale at the first signs of a wobble with Raya.
    I’m sure most of us are pulling for Ramsdale. There’s a fag paper between them in terms of ability but Ramsdale is far more of a commanding communicator behind the defence, which gives him the edge at this point.
    Raya has a touch of the Leno’s about him in that respect.

The big elephant in the room is we let the World’s best keeper leave in the middle of all this mess. One who just won us silverware too.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Added to that, Arteta would look pretty silly by recalling Ramsdale at the first signs of a wobble with Raya.
    I’m sure most of us are pulling for Ramsdale. There’s a fag paper between them in terms of ability but Ramsdale is far more of a commanding communicator behind the defence, which gives him the edge at this point.
    Raya has a touch of the Leno’s about him in that respect.
    I am aware that Arteta is unlikely to change his mind yet. Raya gets the next two games to try and get through 90 minutes without making a total tit of himself. If he doesn't, Arteta has an opportunity with the EFL game to back down quietly or stand his ground.

Courage and a surplus of bright ideas is the price we pay for having Arteta. A price worth paying, certainly, but so far this season it hasn't really been working very well.

I am aware that Arteta is unlikely to change his mind yet. Raya gets the next two games to try and get through 90 minutes without making a total tit of himself. If he doesn't, Arteta has an opportunity with the EFL game to back down quietly or stand his ground.

Courage and a surplus of bright ideas is the price we pay for having Arteta. A price worth paying, certainly, but so far this season it hasn't really been working very well.
    Still unfair on Ramsdale, who I don't think even had a wobble in the 1st place.

PFA team of the season, nominated for the Yashin award, dropped. Funny old game. Very much in the Ramsdale in camp here

I don't think fairness really comes into it. If you think you can improve a position, you do it. If Raya was playing well nobody would mind.

He isn't