Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got away with one last night from what I saw

Got away with one last night from what I saw

Visser looked very sharp for them and we were hanging on at times in the second half.
    We really need to stop throwing money at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Visser looked very sharp for them and we were hanging on at times in the second half.
    We really need to stop throwing money at Chelsea.
    We weren't great but that is inevitable given the changes. Smith Rowe looked ok, Kiwior and Jorginho were excellent.

Havertz seems to be getting worse. He is mastering the art of being quietly ineffective. Every pass is a tiny bit off or timed slightly wrong. At the moment, he looks like he doesn't want to be on the pitch. He'll get better but I don't think it is going to happen quickly.

I thought Ramsdale was trying to be a bit too clever at times with his feet, as though he is looking to prove something. He doesn't need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We weren't great but that is inevitable given the changes. Smith Rowe looked ok, Kiwior and Jorginho were excellent.

Havertz seems to be getting worse. He is mastering the art of being quietly ineffective. Every pass is a tiny bit off or timed slightly wrong. At the moment, he looks like he doesn't want to be on the pitch. He'll get better but I don't think it is going to happen quickly.

I thought Ramsdale was trying to be a bit too clever at times with his feet, as though he is looking to prove something. He doesn't need to do that.
    Difficult for Havertz. He’s becoming our own, Harry Maguire. It’s a real test of anyone’s character to shrug that off. The contrast with Rice couldn’t be more pronounced. The price tag was, quite frankly, ridiculous given his track record at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Difficult for Havertz. He’s becoming our own, Harry Maguire. It’s a real test of anyone’s character to shrug that off. The contrast with Rice couldn’t be more pronounced. The price tag was, quite frankly, ridiculous given his track record at Chelsea.
    He's trying to settle into a new role at a new club while hopelessly low on confidence. He will improve.

I am still not totally convinced that Arteta knows how to build his new midfield. I wouldn't mind seeing Rice alongside Jorginho.

He's trying to settle into a new role at a new club while hopelessly low on confidence. He will improve.

I am still not totally convinced that Arteta knows how to build his new midfield. I wouldn't mind seeing Rice alongside Jorginho.
    I'd like Partey back

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'd like Partey back
    I think Partey and Rice could work really well. I was also pleased to see Mo back. I have always had a soft spot for him

I think Partey and Rice could work really well. I was also pleased to see Mo back. I have always had a soft spot for him
    Always comes across as a decent chap, never moans, solid back up

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Always comes across as a decent chap, never moans, solid back up
    Solid. Calm. Almost always in the right place. There are worse qualities in a midfielder.

I heard a rumour that last season our midfield and Arteta were looking over scouting videos of Havertz knowing we were looking to bring someone in to compete for Xhaka's place. Unbeknownst to Arteta and Xhaka some of the other players decided to hype up everything Havertz done just to wind up the aging Xhaka. "That is spectacular." said Ødegaard as Havertz received the ball in space and safely played it 20 yards backwards and then ghosted into space. Partey nodded in approval. "Brilliant!" Shouted Elneny as Havertz played through for a one on one on his left foot skillfully cut it back to shoot on his right and won a needed corner.

Xhaka was getting hot under the collar at this stage. "He doesn't look that good." Yet Ødegaard and the lads kept clapping on everything he did in the scouting video. Arteta was seen to make a stern acknowledgement of approval nod and the next thing we know he ends up at the training ground signing a £350'000 a week contract after siging for £65m......
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I heard a rumour that last season our midfield and Arteta were looking over scouting videos of Havertz knowing we were looking to bring someone in to compete for Xhaka's place. Unbeknownst to Arteta and Xhaka some of the other players decided to hype up everything Havertz done just to wind up the aging Xhaka. "That is spectacular." said Ødegaard as Havertz received the ball in space and safely played it 20 yards backwards and then ghosted into space. Partey nodded in approval. "Brilliant!" Shouted Elneny as Havertz played through for a one on one on his left foot skillfully cut it back to shoot on his right and won a needed corner.

Xhaka was getting hot under the collar at this stage. "He doesn't look that good." Yet Ødegaard and the lads kept clapping on everything he did in the scouting video. Arteta was seen to make a stern acknowledgement of approval nod and the next thing we know he ends up at the training ground signing a £350'000 a week contract after siging for £65m......
    Wasn’t there a similar rumour surrounding another player during Wenger’s tenure ? The squad collectively winding up the manager. Can’t recall the player but the same back story did the rounds.
    LA will probably recall the details.