Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing well. Unlucky not to be winning at half time

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am also running out of patience with Jesus to be honest. he does tend to fall over a lot recently. and Zinchenko is a liability sometimes (but by Arteta's design)
    I think Jesus is amazing apart from his finishing. Zincehnko is brilliant but takes the wrong risks sometimes.

If those faults were not in their game they would still be at City. They have definitely improved us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    and Zinchenko is a liability sometimes (but by Arteta's design)
    He's a better midfielder than a fullback imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Eddie put a lot of work in, off the ball, yesterday, so fair play for that. But. He is not the answer to our striking requirements.

Jesus should have put that chance away. A poor choice going for power.

I think our midfield melted when Rice went off.

Jorginho? Don't lose it there, mate...
    I think the Rice substitution dictated the Vieira one. Arteta seemed to feel Jorginho needed more support than Rice did and Havertz was the better option. Didnt work. WE were all over the place in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think the Rice substitution dictated the Vieira one. Arteta seemed to feel Jorginho needed more support than Rice did and Havertz was the better option. Didnt work. WE were all over the place in the second half.
    Probably right there, P
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Probably right there, P
    That said, why no VAR of the Udogie handball? Was even more of a pen than the one we got, plus would have been a 2nd yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah - bad day at the office. Take it on the chin and move on. Not like we lost to ****ers. One defeat in 30 at home to them is still one too many

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That said, why no VAR of the Udogie handball? Was even more of a pen than the one we got, plus would have been a 2nd yellow.
    I'm not sure why VAR was involved in the handball that resulted in the pelanty. A pelanty all day, every day.

Mind you, having seen a replay of the Eddie tackle on their keeper, I think he was lucky to get a yellow.

ref was piss poor all game imo

Should have booked at least 2 scum players before he finally did.

Yes, I thought Eddie was a bit fortunate. Not a very clever challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah - bad day at the office. Take it on the chin and move on. Not like we lost to ****ers. One defeat in 30 at home to them is still one too many
    I sensed problems the moment we lost Martinelli and Trossard, so many attacking options stem from that left channel.
    Partey’s still a big miss when he’s on his game and I’ve doubts Zinchenko would be starting so often if Timber were fit.
    Fine margins, Spurs are much improved under the Aussie and will probably be up there challenging for CL slots at the end.
    At least we can all laugh uncontrollably at Boehly & Chelsea ?

I'm not sure why VAR was involved in the handball that resulted in the pelanty. A pelanty all day, every day.

Mind you, having seen a replay of the Eddie tackle on their keeper, I think he was lucky to get a yellow.

ref was piss poor all game imo
    Even Spurs mates have said it was a clear pen