Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing well. Unlucky not to be winning at half time

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    hmm. I think Arteta seems a nervous sort lately.
    I don't think we have played particually well so far this year apart from the CL.

I really hope we buy a striker in January. Eddie might be his undoing. and as much as I'd like Havertz to come good he's just lost any sort of confidence he has.

Arteta is being a hard arse on the goalkeeper situation hopefully he can be elsewhere too.
    Jesus buries that chance and we'd have cruised that match. Still pissed off about that, bread and butter opportunity for a top striker

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Jesus buries that chance and we'd have cruised that match. Still pissed off about that, bread and butter opportunity for a top striker
    would have been game over.

Or if Eddie would have sqaured it to Vieira.

would have been game over.

Or if Eddie would have sqaured it to Vieira.
    Neville waffling on that that pass was too difficult. No it bloody wasn't, it a simple ball

Agree it was poor, and unfortunately that is part of his game- very hit and miss in front of goal.

However, I don't think we would have cruised the game. We are so horribly open every time we lose the ball and almost constantly light on numbers in midfield. If we want to progress this team we are going to have to tighten up our game and learn to manage counter attacks better.

I always had a feeling this season was going to be tougher and it is proving it so far. Looks like we are going to get worse for a bit before improving. I am far from convinced by the way Arteta is setting up the midfield each game. The injuries look like causing us problems in the short term.

Neville waffling on that that pass was too difficult. No it bloody wasn't, it a simple ball
    It wasn't difficult, but the space to play that pass emerged very late on. Eddie didn't see it.

He's got to stop making that noise too 'ooooooooooooh' when something dramatic happens

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It wasn't difficult, but the space to play that pass emerged very late on. Eddie didn't see it.
    and that's why he is useless. head down.

and that's why he is useless. head down.
    Seems he gets the blame for an awful lot of things while other people are almost immune. We may love them, but Zinchenko and Jesus do make a lot of mistakes that seem to just get ignored.

Eddie isn't a world class striker but yesterday's failings were not his fault and in our overall performances at the moment he is far from being the problem.

Seems he gets the blame for an awful lot of things while other people are almost immune. We may love them, but Zinchenko and Jesus do make a lot of mistakes that seem to just get ignored.

Eddie isn't a world class striker but yesterday's failings were not his fault and in our overall performances at the moment he is far from being the problem.
    I am also running out of patience with Jesus to be honest. he does tend to fall over a lot recently. and Zinchenko is a liability sometimes (but by Arteta's design)

Eddie put a lot of work in, off the ball, yesterday, so fair play for that. But. He is not the answer to our striking requirements.

Jesus should have put that chance away. A poor choice going for power.

I think our midfield melted when Rice went off.

Jorginho? Don't lose it there, mate...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”