Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing well. Unlucky not to be winning at half time

Playing well. Unlucky not to be winning at half time

Spurs having three important defensive players booked should have a say on how the game finishes. Just dribble into the box at every opportunity.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Well that's cnutish. What can you do? Rice goes off injuried and the player that replaces him is a massivie downgrade, but still. He actually is World class at keeping the ball ticking over in possession and wearaing the oppisition down. Then he plays his biggest fcuk up of his career.

Bit concerning to have squandered a lead in quick fashion (one where we had an extra man) twice in just 6 games.

The Saka/Trossard/Rice/Martineli knocks could be a major blow for our season. I wasn't over the moon with Arteta's subs but with the league cup coming up and with those knocks (possibly worse) it's time for somebody to step up and nail a starting place. The Xhaka starting spot is there for grabs who ever has the balls to take it.

I can see Eddie taking a lot of flak today. On the ball, sure 100% he's nowhere near synched up with the rest of this squad on a tecthincal level. Never the less he ran his heart out and chased everything down. To me he's a new Togo. Minus the freakish 6'3 frame with blistering pace and hold up play that comes about once in a lifetime (Haaland). And of course a decent finisher. Eddie is getting in on grafting alone. Which is commendable in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    The Saka/Trossard/Rice/Martineli knocks could be a major blow for our season. I wasn't over the moon with Arteta's subs but with the league cup coming up and with those knocks (possibly worse) it's time for somebody to step up and nail a starting place. The Xhaka starting spot is there for grabs who ever has the balls to take it.

I can see Eddie taking a lot of flak today. On the ball, sure 100% he's nowhere near synched up with the rest of this squad on a tecthincal level. Never the less he ran his heart out and chased everything down. To me he's a new Togo. Minus the freakish 6'3 frame with blistering pace and hold up play that comes about once in a lifetime (Haaland). And of course a decent finisher. Eddie is getting in on grafting alone. Which is commendable in fairness.
    Basically what i'm saying is that Eddie is this century's Paul Dickov.

I'm sure he'll slot in quite nicely at Watford

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Basically what i'm saying is that Eddie is this century's Paul Dickov.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    He was absolute gash and very lucky not to get a red. Why Arteta took off Jesus and not Eddie, God only knows.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He was absolute gash and very lucky not to get a red. Why Arteta took off Jesus and not Eddie, God only knows.
    I really don't see what Eddie offers. at this point I'd rather but Havertz up front (if we have too)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I really don't see what Eddie offers. at this point I'd rather but Havertz up front (if we have too)
    Apparently Jesus was injured

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Apparently Jesus was injured
    hmm. I think Arteta seems a nervous sort lately.
    I don't think we have played particually well so far this year apart from the CL.

I really hope we buy a striker in January. Eddie might be his undoing. and as much as I'd like Havertz to come good he's just lost any sort of confidence he has.

Arteta is being a hard arse on the goalkeeper situation hopefully he can be elsewhere too.