Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it with Everton?

What is it with Everton?

Every time we play them they get a new manager bounce, now a new owner bounce?

FWIW, they're awful and hopefully we give them a right hammering

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Every time we play them they get a new manager bounce, now a new owner bounce?

FWIW, they're awful and hopefully we give them a right hammering
    Going to take a while for this deal to go through though. Lots of concern over the multiple ownership thing. Just will lead to more confusion. 6-1 to the Arsenal

Was supposed to be going but had to cancel as glw is now working and her parents decided to stay in Portugal another week, so no one to look after the kids

Was supposed to be going but had to cancel as glw is now working and her parents decided to stay in Portugal another week, so no one to look after the kids
    Surely they are big enough to look after themselves now

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Surely they are big enough to look after themselves now
    11 & 7, unfortunately the law says no The 11 year old would be fine, not so sure about the little one

11 & 7, unfortunately the law says no The 11 year old would be fine, not so sure about the little one
    You're a good father, p

You're a good father, p
    one tries one's best. I would have been in the wrong end anyway, so possibly a good thing! I'll just watch it with my eldest

Going to take a while for this deal to go through though. Lots of concern over the multiple ownership thing. Just will lead to more confusion. 6-1 to the Arsenal
    Was that first game of the season? Denilson scored a direct FK and Wenger got all Darwinian and said that Brazilians have evolved special ankles for scoring free kicks?

If I'm right, would love to know what year. I'm almost certain I was watching that in my hotel room in Delhi.

{Also, when was the Rambo injury? I'd asked my best mate of the street kids, Mukhesh {RIP}, to get us some drugs. Took a bit longer than expected and he called me just after the game started saying he was outside the hotel. Went down and chatted to him for a few mins, went back and saw the game had been stopped and commentators saying that looked a really, really bad one.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Was that first game of the season? Denilson scored a direct FK and Wenger got all Darwinian and said that Brazilians have evolved special ankles for scoring free kicks?

If I'm right, would love to know what year. I'm almost certain I was watching that in my hotel room in Delhi.

{Also, when was the Rambo injury? I'd asked my best mate of the street kids, Mukhesh {RIP}, to get us some drugs. Took a bit longer than expected and he called me just after the game started saying he was outside the hotel. Went down and chatted to him for a few mins, went back and saw the game had been stopped and commentators saying that looked a really, really bad one.}
    Everton was Thomas Vermaelen's debut - he scored as well. 2009-10 season. Denilson's wasn't a free kick but hell of a shot. Ramsey's injury was the same season.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155236843442713

The one still annoys me

Everton was Thomas Vermaelen's debut - he scored as well. 2009-10 season. Denilson's wasn't a free kick but hell of a shot. Ramsey's injury was the same season.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155236843442713

The one still annoys me
    Cheers, LA. I was at a 6-2 home win, I think against Middlesbrough, in TV5's first season. We went 0-1 down early, equalised, then Tommy V made a mistake and they scored again, about 30' in.

Shortly after, Vermaelen got the ball and hammered it home from about 30 yards. Think we got another before HT - RVP? - then scored another 3 in the second half. Nicky Bendtner scored the last, lovely control with the outside of his right boot just outside the box over on the left before smashing it in.

Any idea when that was, how long after that Brazilian ankles opening game, cos I was back in Blighty for the 6-2, and as I say, I'm sure it was TV5's first season.